Chapter 3

Chapter 3

    I entered the taxi where there was a Latino old man outside ready to put my things in the trunk. As he kindly took my stuff I was biting on my nails and looking around to see if Kevin were here and ready to put a stop to my only escape. After the struggle of trying to fit four huge suitcases in the back we were ready to go.

     I quickly ran to the back seats of the cab and put on my seatbelt before the old man could even get in the driver’s side. After what seemed like hours the old man finally took off to the airport. He tried making conversation with me but I really didn’t want to talk, today was way too stressful.

    I looked out the windows and silently said goodbye to my home. I wouldn’t miss it here that much. Only the memories I had with my mother and friends I had before her death. Before Kevin turned the way he did. Kevin was really nice and happy years ago. But eventually something snapped in him around two years ago.

    I realized it was going to be  a long drive to the airport, so I took my phone out. I would be bored anyway.  When I looked at my phone I realized Kevin could use find my iPhone and track me so I turned it off just in case. Then I put my ear buds in and listened to my top 25 most played playlist, which mostly consisted of Ed Sheeran.

     After about 45 minutes later we arrived at the Airport. I then thanked the old man took my bags from him and gave him $100 for his services.

     I then turned my head and looked at the intimidating airport. I blew a breath and headed off to get my ticket to London.  I went up to the desk to find a very annoyed young lady working.  When I got there she looked up from her typing once to look at me and roll her eyes. I was way too stressed out to have this girl be rude to me. I wasn’t the one to mess with.

     I cleared my throat trying to give her a hint to see what I wanted. She just looked up again only to blow out a breath this time then continued to go back to typing like I wasn’t there. Now she was really pissing me off.

     “Umm excuse me are you going to fucking look at me like I’m not standing here or are you going to do your job and see what a customer wants or do you want me to see what your manager can do about this situation?!” I asked completely annoyed

     Her mood changed completely and she looked a bit scared. She put a big smile on her face and apologized right away. “Oh I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to seem rude. My manager doesn’t need to know about this we can fix this situation right away. How may I help you?” she asked very sweetly.

    “That’s much better. I would like to have a one way ticket to London please and thank you” I said quite rudely but I’m too tired to care.

“Yes mam, right away” she said and started typing away on the computer. “Would you like coach or first-class” she smiled

    I had to think for a moment I only had $605,000 I wanted to save as much as I could before I could find a job in London. My family has way too much money because Kevin is this big time lawyer. Ironic huh.  He really needs to stop being a hypocrite because he does not care about the law. He shows that by abusing his daughter and having sex with his other one.

     I have a lot money on my credit card but Kevin could easily track me with that. Plus I really don’t like using my credit card. Yes I live in an expensive house and I have designer clothes and things but I like to work for my own things I don’t like things given to me. That’s why I’m so protective of my box. It’s everything I earned, alone. I get it from my mother. She worked hard for everything in that box by her-self there was much more in though I’m still curios as to where it went. She always told me everything pays off with hard work.