Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I was awoken by the sound of Kevin screaming at him-self for dropping the pans on the floor in the kitchen. I started to chuckle because it seems like he is mad at everyone and everything in the world. I turned my head at my alarm clock to see it was 9:43 am.

I hate this, its summer for crying out loud. I want to be out seeing the world or dancing my heart out on the stage in London. South Carolina is really boring other than Myrtle Beach right outside my window. Literally I'm looking at the waves crashing in on the sand. The birds flying around the June sky. I wish I was a bird. They're free and can soar and just go wherever they want. They always have family waiting for them somewhere. They can just go away, they can explore and best of all they can be away from Kevin.

I realized I had been crying by the taste of saltwater in my mouth, the tear dripping down my cheek and onto my neck. I didn't wipe the tear away; this is the first time I cried in months. I've never gotten the chance to. I've always been around people; I was never alone to do anything by myself in a while actually. After sitting on my bed concluding how horrible my life is I glanced back at my alarm clock and saw it was 10:30. I realized Kevin already left to go to work and so did my sister.

Before I went to make breakfast I decided to take a quick shower. I let the articles of my clothing fall to the floor before I stepped into the hot steamy shower that was calling my name. I let the steam and pattern of the water fall on me. Then I washed up and shampooed and conditioned my hair with coconut shampoo and conditioner. After, I went to find something to wear. I eventually found a lime green tank top and blue jean shorts. Then I gave up and put my hair in a messy bun. I was just staying inside all day anyway.

After, I went downstairs to find the kitchen an absolute mess. I figured Kevin's temper reached a high and he just left the mess there again. I laughed then sighed and went to clean it up. I won't even bother to call the maid. I started in the kitchen after a while, I was kind of in the cleaning mood for some reason so I hooked my iPhone up to the speakers in the living room. It started to play Ed Sheeran's Autumn Leaves. It was one of my most favorite songs ever. Maybe because it was by Ed and he is extremely talented in writing music. Every Song is so meaningful.

Or just the fact that it makes me think about my mom all the time because I listen to this song like every day. After I was done with straightening up the kitchen, I made my way to the living room, the bathroom, my room, and then decided to go into Kevin's room. It was a big risk but eh I don't care.

I started off on deciding to make his bed but when I was about to touch it I realized what happened in here last night. I quickly made a disgusted face and threw the sheet far far away. I  blew out a breath and started on doing his laundry. Except for that pair of underwear from last night. It's still disgusting. While his clothes were washing I started to fix the pile of papers on his dresser. I then started to put his clean clothes away. When I was in his sock drawer I found a piece of paper flat on the bottom. Curiously I opened the paper, and my heart dropped my eyes widened and my mouth opened. It was the will from my mother. I have never gotten to see it; also I was confused on why my mom had written one.

My mom was only 39. She had my brother, Josh at 17, Jackie at 20 and me at 22. She had plenty of time to live and she died so un-expectantly. My mom never mentioned anything about her heart either. I still believe something else happened to her that the doctors aren't telling me. The will said:

To whom it may concern,

I lived a very happy life, with my beautiful children. I am dead and I hope whoever is reading this I want you to be happy. I give all of my interest in the following properties to the following:

I give my entire life savings to my daughter Alyssa Jenette Devine.

I give my jewelry to my daughter Jacqueline Grace Devine.

I give my property, which was my residence at the time of death to my son Joshua John Devine.

I give of nothing to my spouse Kevin R. Devine.

Love,

Claire Marie Johnson-Devine.

It was really short. My Mom was just as lazy as me even when she's dying and I laughed at how Kevin wasn't getting anything, but then I quickly realized how serious the situation was. My eyes were filled with tears and I was on the verge of throwing something across the room. Ten seconds later, I did. I picked up the very nice picture frame on Kevin's dresser and threw it across the room. I can't believe Kevin did this to me, us.

I picked up the letter and stormed out if the room. When I got to mine I slammed the door and looked at the time. It was 1:56 PM and Kevin gets home at around 6:00. So I had around four hours to pack. I was going to leave, get out of here. Forever. Getting away from here seemed too crazy to actually exist. But I was too angry and excited to care

I ran down to the basement and grabbed all four big suitcases. I then ran back to my room and just piled everything in my closet and dresser into the bags. I took my stash and put it in the bottom of the biggest suitcase. I also realized my mom said I can have all of the money. I repeat ALL of the money. I knew exactly where she put it too no one else knew just me and her, our little secret.

When I was a kid I use to love helping my mom put the money in the safe. She use to let me turn the knob on the lever. The combination was 05 08 02. It was the months of Jackie, Josh, and my birthday in order. It was buried behind the fountain outside behind the lemon tree in the backyard.

I quickly got a shovel from the shed and dug behind the fountain to reveal an old antique box. It was my grandmothers. I ran inside to open it and I revealed about 600,000 dollars. What happened to the rest of it I wondered that was an awfully huge chunk of money gone from my mother's safe. But I didn't care I was too happy 600,000 dollars can get me far. This was nothing compared to how much money this family has, but it was my mothers hard earned money. Its not from Kevin and his lie of an occupation, its real.

When I glanced at my clock again I saw it was already 4:00. I didn't want to see Kevin restrict me from leaving before I left I called a cab for them to meet here so I can go to the airport. I decided on going to London to dance and maybe visit my brother. I didn't know his address so I grabbed and old postcard from him when he sent it during Christmas. The cab said they would be here in about a half an hour. I double checked everything and before I knew it the taxi was outside.

This was it I can be free.

A/N

Hii im really happy for the 15 reads that's amazing for no one to ever hear anything and its just amazing. Well tell me what you think I made it longer. And wattpads being stupid and is saying to be continued idk why but just go to chapters and click on it ill fix it later.And I hope its better one directions coming soon don't worry. And please do me a favor if you like this story just tell your friends don't be afraid to click start reading just because a story is undiscovered because that's what I did. but 1 more thing I dint know when I will update but I think it will maybe be wed. im not sure but it will be every week. Bye. LIKE COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE!!

~Malia_Horan~