1 . Chaos in Sunizona

Midnight stared into the mirror as she sat on the soft duvet of the hotel bed. A big bottle of wine was gripped in her right hand. She took a good look at herself. Her eyes were shaped like perfectly carved almonds and so very dark they could be mistaken for molasses. She loved her eyes they were sharp and keen like her. They always did say the eyes were the window to the soul.

Oh boy was Midnight's eyes proof of that. She was a smart cookie. A sly cat who could turn a dog into her bestfriend and make a mouse willingly become her meal. Her eyes moved over her body from head to toe in the mirror. She had short thick curly hair. Not short as in up to her chin or neck but short as in maybe she's "that type of girl" way. Midnight rolled her eyes.

Having boy short hair was one of the many things that people wanted to use as proof to label her into that category. Little did they know Midnight didn't label herself as anything but Midnight. She was always diffrent. Different looking, different personality, diffrent mentally and emotionally. The corner of her lip curled up at the thought of her weirdness.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the loud banging on her door. She quickly took a long sip of the wine before placing it down to get the door.

"I'm coming!" She yelled as she walked to the door.

As soon as she opened it in came Mr. Samuel. His clothes were ruffled and his hat crooked. A look of pain and fear was sprawled across his face. Patches of blood spread over his body. On his hands, his jeans, his shirt.

"What happened?" Midnight asked carefully."Did they come again? The-"

"They took her." The man whispered so softly it was as if he hadn't spoken at all." I tried to get her back but damn it they were to fast, to strong! I need you to get her back."

Midnight frowned at the tears freely falling on the man's cheek. She'd only known the man for a few days but she knew him to be strong, unshaken, determined. It was unsettling to see him look so weak and scared.

"Who did they take Samuel? Another town's member?"

He shook his head and his hands came up to cover his face. "They took Melony, my daughter." He whimpered.

Midnight hit the man this time. A strong kick his shin had him screaming.

"What the h-"

"Sitting here crying isn't going to bring her back right?"

He nodded,"that's why I need you to-"

"I can't help you. The deal was I don't move until the others get here. I signed off on it in front of your whole town. The south and the north."

"I don't care I need her back now!" He screamed unpleased with Midnight's answer.

"It doesn't matter about what you want or what I want it's about what we all agreed to. I do what I'm hired to do. I follow the rules my employers set out." Midnight replied coldly as she went to take a drink of her wine once again.

Samuel sped over to the bed she was sitting on and loomed over her dangerously. The urge to strangle the girl filled him.

"Don't give me that crap! I'll pay you more, twice more than originally. You can't sit around and let them take her sh-"

Midnight's bottle slid from her lips as she slammed it on the night stand. The sound so sudden and loud it made Samuel stumble back.

"Don't try to insult me and blame me for what you've done. They've already taken her. They've taken many kids and many others. People have lost their families yes, I understand, I know. It happens. I can't just go out and get her back, get them back. Thats not how it works. Those things are not regular vampires they're unstable." Midnight rose from her seat and stood face to face with Samuel.