'Hope'-Chapter 4

DAN'S POV

Pj left a few hours later after talking and I didn't feel the slightest bit of confidence. I felt bad about it even though it really wasn't my fault.  

As I was scrolling through Tumblr in my browsing position, I started to hear things that made my stomach form knots. It was Phil and Jake. Making out. In Phil's room. NEXT DOOR.

Moans and groans coming from their mouth, my stomach dropping further and further with each noise. I shoved a pillow on my ears and turned to the side, but the sounds all of a sudden stopped. 

PHIL'S POV

"James." Jake moaned. My heart sank, immediately pushing him off me, "what the heck?!" I yell. Jake stands up "baby I can explain I-" I cut him off before he could continue, "who's James?! I knew I shouldn't have trusted you!" 

Jake rushes over and attempts to hug me, but I shove him away "GET OUT!" I practically screech, making him jump slightly.

Tears stream down my face and he grabs his jacket angrily, stomping out of my bedroom. 

I sink to the floor, holding myself and sobbing. I hear the front door slam, making me whimper and cry even harder, making it hard to breathe.

DAN'S POV

"That bastard." I mutter in disgust. I stand up and run to Phil's room, my heart dropping when I see him all curled up and so distressed. I kneel next to him and pull him gently into an embrace, feeling him cling to my shirt. 

I know it's wrong, but I wasn't feeling sad in this moment. Was I sad that Phil was sad? Of course, he's my best friend, but the reason he was sad is what I wasn't sad about. In fact, I was extremely fucking happy that Jake was gone.

I'm not gonna immediately jump in and ask to date Phil, that's ridiculous. 

PHIL'S POV

It felt so good to be cradled in Dan's arms, maybe there IS a part of me that has feelings for Dan. 

And to be quite honest I won't really miss Jake. I think.

My brain isn't working right, right now, so I'm just not gonna think about it for now.

DAN'S POV

I saw Phil slowly drift off to sleep, I picked him up and laid him in his bed gently.

I gave him a gentle kiss on the forehead and whispered "I love you."

PHIL'S POV

I felt the soft feeling of my bed holding me and felt my heart drop a little because of the loss of contact from Dan, but the strange part was that I swear I felt a kiss on my forehead, I hoped that I did.

But the even weirder part was that I think I heard Dan say that he loves me, but to be honest it was probably just my imagination.

Something in me gave me the slight urge to whisper,

"I love you too."

A/N Hey Guys! Sorry if I gave you a heart attack in the last chapter, but hopefully I made up for it. Tell me if you want more or tell me if you hate or tell me if you're dead because of the previous heart attack!