Can't Be Real (Part 2)

" You two made an adorable couple while it lasted. Don't worry. I'll make sure Nathan gets to see you one final time. "

So this is where I get flashed back to?! Wow! That's fair!

" You can even be my next protégé. Since he won't be of much help here soon."

" Alfred Hitchcock famously called film 'little pieces of time,' but he could be talking about photography-"

WHAT THE FUCK?! THIS ISN'T MY CLASS!

I looked over at Max before hearing loud noises coming from the window. Holy fuck? Is that blood?! Why are max and I the only people paying attention to it?! Then the bell rang... And everyone disappeared except Max and I...

" Max, whatever you did, you fucked up big-time!" I scoffed.

" I don't even know what this is... Wait... Is this me? That's sick! " she looked at a picture on the wall.

" Yeah... And look at the photographers name..."

" Taken by H-" she went wide eyed. " We gotta get out of here."

" Holy shit." I froze at the window.

Birds birds everywhere...

" This can't be real..." She shook her head. " Come on." She headed to the door and I followed.

" I see you two. Don't even think about leaving here until we talk about your entries."

Fuck shit damn fuck shit. WHERE DID HE COME FROM?

" I just wanted to know if the two of you would like to spend the rest of your lives in my
darkroom. Your purity inspires me so much... We could all be so happy together. Who needs selfies, music, and science when I could give you portraiture?"

I feel like I can't control my own mouth...

" Yeah. And now that Nathan is out of the way, I won't have any distractions. He was holding me back."

WHAT THE! I DIDN'T WANT TO SAY THAT!

" And it's about time somebody finally killed Chloe. Think of how often that bitch almost got me killed... It's like you're doing both of us an awesome favor!"

AND I KNOW MAX WOULDN'T SAY THAT!

" Chloe can never appreciate you in the ways that I can, Maxine. And yes. I insist on calling you Maxine. Forever."

Ding dong the bitch disappeared.

" Max, I didn't wanna say that..." I massaged my temple.

" Same. Let's go." She said before I was flashed into a dark hallway.

What the... Where's Max?! Is this the boys dorms?

I looked down the hallway to see Nathan outside of his door with his camera in hand and his phone and gun on the ground next to him as he stood against the wall

" Hey, Nate." I stood in front of him.

" Hey, Nate? You let me die. You could have fixed it. You could do it right now. But you haven't because you're so fuckin selfish. So now what? My family talks shit about me fucking up again? "

" Nathan, that's bullshit. I do care. You know I care."

I know this isn't him.

" Whatever." He opened his door, walked in ,and I heard a gunshot.

NO!

I picked up the key on the floor, opened his door and found myself back at the hallway entrance, but I'm not myself... I'm Nathan... I looked at the walls around me and examined all of the sentences.