Chapter 3

Homework sucks.

School sucks.

I've been doing my math homework the minute I came to this café. Yesterday was too tiring for me that I forgot to do this stupid homework. I let out a sigh of frustration and lay my head on the table, face down.

Who the hell invented logarithm? We wouldn't be using it in real life anyway, so why should we learn about this kind of thing?

"I don't understand a thing about this," I whine, but trying hard to solve the problem anyway.

I must have been so distracted, or stressed, I didn't notice someone sits across from me. I sigh again, throwing away the pen at the table and it bounces until it stops at the edge of the table.

"What are you doing?"

I look up and jumped, shocked to see someone seating across from me. The guy is wearing a hat and and sunglasses.

"Nuguseyo?" I ask, feeling kind of scared.

The guy pulls off his hat, revealing his brown. He puts his hat on the table and proceed to pull off his sunglasses. I breathe out a sigh of relief.

"You scared me! I thought you were some perverted ahjussi!" I said.

"Ey, how could someone like me be a perverted ahjussi?" he teases.

Turns out Jimin's hair has grown out of the orange hair dye. I must admit he looks better with a natural colored hair. He leans his body forward to scan my books that's scattered on the table. While he was looking through the mess on the table, I cover my face and let out a sigh. I've been doing this since I've arrived and only succeeded finishing 18 out of the 25 questions.

"Homework?" he asks.

"Hmm, math homework," I said, "I forgot to do it yesterday."

"Do you need help?" he ask, moving to seat beside me.

I nod and move aside a little bit, giving him some space to look at my homework. I can't even think straight just by looking at the cover of the math textbook. 

"Do you want my help? Come on, I'll teach you," he said, grabbing the pen that I threw away. He gives me the pen and starts to explain the steps to do the question that I don't know how to solve the most. Weirdly, I understand his explanation more than my teacher's.

"Ah, so that's how it is," I said, writing down the steps and the answer.

I try to solve the other questions that I skipped earlier, only asking Jimin how to solve it when I don't understand. It goes for another 20 minutes before I finished my whole homework. After finishing all of the remaining questions, I ask Jimin to check my answers, as a precaution if I answered something wrong.

"All of it it's correct," Jimin said.

"Ah, finally I can rest," I said, relieved.

"Aigoo, good job!" Jimin said, patting my head.

My cheeks heats up, turning red in an instant, surprised that he pats my head. I bit back the smile that threatens to show on my face. Not knowing what to do, I tear my gaze away from him, turning my attention, more like trying to,  to my books that's scattered on the table. 

When I turn my gaze away, I slightly moved my body. And my arm brushes his. Apparently, both of us were so focused on my homework that we didn't notice we are sitting so close to each other. I move aside a little to give some space between us. Luckily he doesn't notice, or maybe he noticed but he decided not to comment.