Chapter 1: Meeting Sherlock & John

I waited until it was three a.m to leave, that's when I made my move. I escaped the orphanage without a care in the world, I ran over to Baker Street and arrived on the door step of Sherlock Holmes flat. I ran up the steps after seeing Mrs Hudson. She joined me at the door of the small flat.

"Sherlock? There's a young lady waiting for you." Mrs Hudson spoke softly, I heard slight rustling.

"Good morning, Mrs Hudson. Who's that?" Sherlock had most likely been up doing research with John, I held my hand out for him shake.

"Arabella Allison, I'm now in an orphanage for the death of my family at the age of ten. I need to speak to you and John. Privately." I spoke directly to Sherlock, Mrs Hudson soon enough got the message.

"Welcome. John! We have company!" Sherlock yelled, John appeared and smiled lightly at me.

"Arabella, pleased to meet you." I shook his hand firmly, Sherlock motioned for me to sit down.

"I suppose your here to speak about a mater in the orphanage." He spoke so surely of himself, I nodded.

         Now was the time to tell him. I had to tell him about the abuse suffered by all the younger children and myself. I hesitated.

SHERLOCK HOLMES POV:

       I studied Arabella's clothes while she spoke to John. She wore a lavender sweater with black jeans that seemed to not fit her. She has blue eyes much like my own, yet they appear hazel from a far. Her hair is a brownish blonde color, not anything like my own. I watched her body language, that's when I saw the bruise on her wrist.... The bruise seemed much like she had been pulled away from something, she was quite small.

"The orphanage that your in is quite abusive to you and other children there, mostly from the head master. Would I be correct?" Arabella nodded her head nervously, I smiled gently.

"I want you to show them that it is wrong, help the little kids learn, teach... At least... I just want to help the kids there, please Sherlock." Arabella pleaded, John gave me the puppy dog eyes.

"Bring your stuff here Arabella, can you do that?" I questioned her, she nodded.

"I'll be here tonight at midnight, got it?" I nodded and Arabella left.