Chapter 7: Something Missing

Arabella: 

I watched my dad jump off of a building not even two minutes ago, and there he was, laying on the pavement dead. I pushed through the crowd and finally was close enough to see him, I burst into tears. John found me and I ran once again. 

I ran quickly and got closer to 221B Baker Street, I ran up the steps and went into the flat. 

"Dad?! Sherlock?!?!?" I yelled looking around for him, I checked his room knowing this all may be trickery. He wasn't there, I checked his closet and pulled out one of his long coats. I put it on, realizing it still had his smell on it. I held it close to me. 

I ran into my bedroom, laying on my bed. I heard someone coming, I looked up gently trying not to trip over the long coat. 

"Arabella?" Mycroft questioned, I wiped my tears, than looked at him. 

"He's gone, I did something wrong. He's dead on the pavement, this is my fault." My voice cracked, Mycroft sat next to me, pulling me close to him. I cried into Mycroft's suit for a good few hours. He pulled away when I stopped crying. 

"It's not your fault. He.. He didn't do it because of you Arabella." Mycroft spoke softly, I looked up at him. 

"That was a lie, your a good liar, but remember I'm a lot like Sherlock and no one can trick me... So, tell me the truth. Because I will kill you if he is alive."  I growled, Mycroft said he knew nothing, so I guess he doesn't... Right now my senses are blocked by everything else going on around me. I told Mycroft to tell John I was safe, than I fell asleep.

FUNERAL:

  I watched as everyone gathered around the coffin to look at Sherlock, I watched from  farther away. I didn't want to go near Sherlock, he was dead, and it was the end of the mini family that we had created. 

John's letting me stay at 221B, he's staying upstairs still, so I can still feel at home. I could only ignore the room across from mine, it would remain untouched except for the missing coat that I kept.