Chapter 8: Two Years Later

Sherlock:

I've asked Mycroft to keep tabs on Arabella, and she hasn't been doing well. She's been fighting with John, constantly running off, and getting found by the police and brought back home. She's fifteen now, her birthday is today. I'm coming back on count of Mycroft's request.

"Go see Arabella first though." Mycroft spoke gently, as I left I put on my signature jacket.

ARABELLA:

I sat downstairs in Mrs Hudson's small flat, she smiled.

"Happy fifteenth birthday, honey!" She yelled with a small bag in her hand, I smiled gently and thought about Sherlock. I'd stopped calling him dad after he died, I slept with his coat and would try to keep a good smell to it. I washed it every time it began to smell, and I took really good care of the signature hat that he owned.

"Thank you, Mrs Hudson." I spoke softly, and she smiled back and we ate the cake and talked.

"Arabella?" She questioned softly.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"You've really changed Sherlock, he's, he was very different after you." I smiled softly and nodded, continuing with my cake, only to hear a knock on my door. I got up to answer and be met with the icy blue eyes that I knew.

"No. No. You're not here. You're dead." I stammered, I turned to Mrs Hudson. She began screaming causing me to jump.

"Mrs Hudson, you shouldn't be screaming.. It's not necessarily nice to scream at a guest." Sherlock spoke with a smirk. I stood there still stunned by what I was seeing. I touched his jacket gently, he was here... Not dead.

"Dad!" I yelled as he lifted me effortlessly, he smiled brightly.

"I've heard nothing good about you for the last few days." He scolded, I held him tightly as I usual do his coat.

"Happy Birthday, Arabella!" He spoke softly handing me the small rectangular box. I opened it and saw a charm bracelet, it had four charms on it: A rose, a hat, a locket, and a little angel with wings.

From Mrs Hudson I got a new bed cover. I thanked them both and ate cake.... I had my family back finally.