III| That Butler; Confrontation

Today was the fourth day since Sebastian had been given 'time off.' Ciel had been in his office, as usual, doing work but it was of no use. He couldn't get his mind off of his butler's weird behavior and nothing was getting done efficiently. The young earl sighed. He'd spent three days thinking about how he might be of some use to Sebastian. Unfortunately, it hadn't bore fruit. He still couldn't think of a single thing that he could do to help his butler. Poor Ciel, he was such a useless master. 

"You're such a terrible master," a voice spoke. Ciel looked around the room to see who had spoken. No one was in the room. If he was the only one here, who had spoken?

Leic, of course.

The male appeared and waved to the young earl. His smile was radiant and reminded Ciel of Sebastian. "Who are you?" Ciel found himself asking. 

"No, the real question is: who are you?"  he replied. "I had Stephy first. You can't just take him from me. I won't allow it. Consider this a challenge, a fight, for the affections of a demon." Ciel blushed. He'd realized that maybe his feelings for Sebastian were something more than what a normal master would have for his butler, but he didn't quite want to admit that he loved Sebastian. That was too embarrassing for him to handle.

"There is no challenge. I will not hand my butler over to a stranger," Ciel stated. The young earl pondered who this individual was. Could this have been the person that Sebastian had seen all those days ago? Ciel couldn't know for sure, but, he had no reason to believe otherwise. 

"Let your butler go. To him, you're the stranger."

"Never."

"You don't even know Stephy. You don't know how terrible he truly is. You don't know just how dark that demon can be. Aren't you at least a bit frightened of him? Don't you want to know about his past?"

"Of course I would like to know, but something like that isn't going to keep me from caring for him. I don't care what or who he was. I fell in-love with him and that's that," Ciel blushed at the last statement. He'd never said it out loud before. He certainly hoped he wouldn't have to say something like that again in the future.

"But, what if he doesn't love you?"

"We are bound by a contract. He can't betray me," Ciel smiled. It didn't matter what Sebastian felt because Sebastian had already made a promise to stay by him until he died. A demon wouldn't go back on his word, especially when a soul was involved. Ciel already had Sebastian where he wanted him. 

Leic smirked, "would you still say that if the person you need to get revenge on was actually your precious butler?" Ciel's jaw dropped. He'd never considered that Sebastian might be the cause of all of his troubles. He'd always assumed otherwise. Would Ciel have it in him to forgive something like that?

"Your precious butler was the one that  killed your beloved father. Are you sure you want to love someone like that?"

Ciel assumed that Leic was lying. Sebastian didn't even know his father! There was no way he could've killed someone if he didn't know them! No, actually, that would make it much easier to kill Vincent. Ciel was confused. He didn't know what to do. Leic slowly disappeared leaving him to his own thoughts. It was time for Ciel to go ask Sebastian some questions, whether the butler wanted him to or not.