V| That Butler; Conclusion

Ciel Phantomhive was feeling good. He'd forgotten entirely that Leic was still out and trying to find a way to steal Sebastian back. That didn't matter to him at the moment. He was too interested in the fact that he confessed. Though it was barely audible, he was sure Sebastian got the message clearly. If he didn't, then, he must be an idiot. That's all there is to it.

Sebastian walked in with Ciel's afternoon tea. It kind of annoyed the young earl that his butler was acting so normal. Was he choosing Leic after all? Ciel couldn't tell. He wanted desperately to know what the demon was thinking beyond that fake smile of his. The young earl wondered if he'd ever be able to figure him out one day. Well, he had the rest of his life to do that, for now, there were more troubling matters at hand. Like what to do about that pest. There was no telling what such a strange individual would do. These thoughts returned to his mind. So much for forgetting Leic existed.

Leic had told Ciel that the earl was just a reincarnation. Ciel didn't entirely believe that to be the truth, and yet, he didn't entirely believe that it wasn't the truth either. He knew that he was himself. Ciel couldn't be anyone but himself. What if Leic was right though? What if Ciel was just meant to be Leic in the first place? Then what would he do? He didn't want to give up his body to a person that died a long time ago. He didn't want to be Leic. There was just one problem: what if Leic had made a contract with Sebastian too? That would mean Leic had the longer contract and Ciel's existing contract was invalid. There were too many confusing matters. 

"Something troubling you, My Lord?" Sebastian asked.

"How could there be nothing troubling me? I still have a certain someone's previous lover to worry about."

"I wouldn't say we were lovers..."

"Well what would you call it then?" Ciel asked, slightly annoyed. The butler wasn't given time to answer, as Leic appeared. 

"Yes, what would you call it? Maybe 'lover' just doesn't give it enough justice," Leic mentioned before he walked over to Sebastian. He wrapped his arms around  Sebastian's torso. He was taller than Ciel, but still shorter than the demon. The young earl became very angry very quickly.

"Please refrain from touching me," Sebastian stated simply.

"That's no fair! You let Ciel kiss you, but I can't do anything at all?" Leic whined.

"The young earl is my master. You, however, quite literally, are dead to me." If Ciel hadn't concentrated hard enough, he would have smiled at the pun. Sebastian had a thing for puns now and then. It was kind of a problem. The demon was supposed to be serious. The fact that he said such things with a deadpanned expression made things even more comical. 

Sebastian wasn't 'Stephy' or 'Michael' anymore. The demon was 'Sebastian Michaelis'. Surely if you change your face and your name for a simple contract, you throw away your past as well, and all prior contracts. Leic had no ties to the demon anymore, and should leave him and Ciel alone. Leic, wouldn't back down so easily though. He knew the demon first, the demon was his.

"Don't you see though? Your 'Young Master' is also me! We're two different people that can share the same body! I could easily go and posses him again. I could force you to love me! I could make it an order!"

Sebastian gave Leic a vicious glare. It was brief but it served it's purpose. Leic was reminded of the demon inside the butler. How could he have forgotten the very monster that he'd met? Trapped in the gaze of the beast, Leic became like a deer in headlights.

"You and I both know that won't be enough for you. You would much rather win me over than try to attempt force, wouldn't you?" though his voice hadn't changed much, his expression didn't either, but the feeling of terror that Leic felt was certainly still there. Even Ciel had become a bit frightened; the statement wasn't seven directed towards him. Sebastian grabbed Leic's chin forcing him to keep his eyes fixed on the demon. The room felt like it was closing in on the male, like a single breath would cause his undoing. Was this what it was like for all those people he had stolen souls from? For all of those innocents Leic had made him kill?

"You thought that the boy had tamed me. That I wasn't as harsh of a demon. You've failed to notice that the opposite is true," Sebastian smiled. Not the usual fake smile Ciel was used to seeing, no, this was a devilish look. One that would make a person think Satan himself had waltzed into the room. "He has only made me more ferocious...far more hostile." Leic almost forgot to breath in this one-sided exchange of words. Ciel was too entranced to react to any of it. He started to think the whole ordeal was a very long dream. That couldn't possibly be the same Sebastian, right? Ciel began to lose his touch with reality. His dissociation was kicking in. 

"It's amazing, the lengths you're willing to go for someone you wish to protect. So, let me give you this piece of advice, leave us alone. Every piece of my existence belongs to My Lord, down to the last strand of hair on my head, do you understand?" the navy-haired male could barely nod. He was distressed and felt completely defeated. At least no one could say that he didn't try. He gave a weak smile and disappeared from the lives of Ciel and Sebastian, this time permanently

Ciel had only blinked and everything was back to normal. Sebastian wasn't demon-y. He was standing beside Ciel's desk, waiting for him to return the teacup. The young earl was pleased that Leic wouldn't be bothering them any longer. But, he was still concerned about one thing: where did Sebastian's heart lie? Who did he love? Did he even love at all? Although the young earl gave him a weak confession, he'd never heard Sebastian give any such thing in return.

"Sebastian, this is an order," Ciel began to say.

"Yes, My Lord?" the butler replied.

"Tell me, who do you love?" 

The butler was kind of amazed. Had the earl not seen anything that had just taken place? Did he really have to spell it out?  Well this is an order, so, he must answer. Sebastian leaned down and whispered something into the young earl's ear. Something that caused Ciel to blush.

"My Lord, I love you, of course."