Epilogue

Even though the two had admitted their feelings for each other, their relationship hadn't changed that much. Ciel frowned as Sebastian changed him into his nightshirt. The boy shivered when Sebastian's fingers brushed up against his skin. Even though the butler was wearing gloves, his hands were still ice cold. 

"Is there something wrong, My Lord?" Sebastian asked. He clearly wasn't aware of his current body temperature. 

"No, nothing at all," Ciel replied. That was a lie. The truth was, he didn't want to go to bed. A few weeks had passed since Leic had given his final farewell, but Ciel hadn't been sleeping that much. He kept having terrible nightmares of Sebastian being snatched by someone else. One time it was a nun. Another time it was a lion tamer.  Ciel cringed at the memory of his dreams. Surely things like that aren't possible!

His butler stood up to leave; Ciel couldn't allow that. Perhaps his dreams would disappear if he felt the presence of his butler in the room while he slept. One could only hope that to be the case. Ciel grabbed Sebastian's hand. The butler turned to look at his master, who was now lying under the covers of his bed. 

"Yes, My Lord?" 

"Stay with me until morning."

Sebastian frowned. "How am I going to prepare anything for tomorrow if I'm stuck here all night? That's hardly the way of a Phantomhive butler."

"I don't care. Lay with me," Ciel yawned. "It's an order." Sighing, Sebastian laid down next to Ciel. "Idiot butler! I didn't mean on top of the covers! You'll catch a cold or something..."

"A demon catching a cold? That seems a bit of a stretch..." the butler smirked. "You didn't specify in the request how I had to lay next to you."

"Argh, fine! I want you to strip and get underneath the covers with me! Is that too much to ask? You're my butler, stop making this so difficult!" Ciel realized after the fact that he had just said 'strip.' He silently prayed to the yaoi gods that his butler wouldn't take it too literally, (seeing as how he wasn't quite prepared for that).

Sebastian removed his tailcoat, gloves, and vest. He'd left his black pants and white shirt on and crawled underneath the covers to lay beside Ciel. The young earl was satisfied now. He scooted closer to his butler and placed his head on Sebastian's chest.

"Sebastian," the earl said sleepily, "you belong to me. No one else."

"Till death do us part?" Sebastian intended this to be a joke, but Ciel frowned. He knew that he was a human and that he wouldn't live forever. The young earl was not satisfied with that. He wanted to live with Sebastian forever. He didn't want to leave him behind and have him fall in-love with someone else, like Leic had done.

"I won't be satisfied with just that," Ciel responded. "Sebastian, I want to become a demon and live with you forever." 

The butler remained silent. He thought about Ciel's statement for a while before replying, "I might have a plan. There is another demon-butler that has been eyeing you for a while. Perhaps we could use it to our advantage..."

"Really? Then let's get started on that," Ciel closed his eyes and fell into a peaceful sleep in the arms of his butler. Little did he know, the adventure awaiting him wouldn't be an easy task...