Chapter 8

I put my hand to the glass that separated mine and Nathan's hands.

"Only another month."

He sighed into the phone that allowed me to hear him clearly. I could see that he was still freaking out, but the treatment he is going through is definitely helping.

"I can't wait to hold you again."

I could fill tears forming in my eyes as he talked to me. I visit all the time. I was the one who helped his lawyer get the evidence needed to reduce Nathan's prison time down to only half a year.

With everything wrong in his head, there was no way they could say he was fully functional at the time and the mediation he was taking was probably what caused and involuntary muscle spasm in his trigger finger. And helping testify in the case against Jefferson helped a lot with reducing his sentence time.

"Do you know the gender yet?"

My hand carefully touched my belly.

I'm six months into my pregnancy. For whatever reason, this whole time traveling thing didn't change our little condom mistake. 

I guess it could also be due to the thing we did before he was put into custody....

"I'll tell you when you get out. It'll give you something to look forward to."

He laughed and smiled at me. God that smile. It made this whole thing seem non existent. It was just him and me. No Jefferson or kidnapping or photos or world. Just us.

"I already have you to look forward to."

I looked down and he laughed again.

"You still blush."

"Oh hush it."

He scooted his chair closer to the glass.

"I love you."

There is that lump in my throat. The tears will fall any second now.

"I love you too."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Max and I walked around the art gallery looking at others work and the people who are observing our own.

She finally got her work out there, and people couldn't get enough.
Then I entered a few paintings into a contest and they become pretty popular too.

During any interview or any chance we get, we always make sure that out works are dedicated to Chloe Price. The girl who gave her life to change ours.

Max tells me she hasn't used her powers since the incident. And she's not sure if she will again. It's too big of a risk to change anything, even when we really want to.

I haven't had any weird visions lately, but I do seem to have a 6th sense for knowing when something is going to happen. I've saved many a coffee mugs from shattering at my house.

My fingers ran over my engagement ring as we looked at photo of a bride just beginning to walking down the aisle.

I decided to make Max my maid of honor at mine and Nathan's wedding.  I explained everything I knew about what's going on with him and she seemed to understand.

Kate is going to be there too. She is safe and happy.  Everyone was too distracted by the Jefferson and Nathan news to pay any mind to her video.

Victoria hasn't really talked much.  She's been locked in her room and I even heard a rumor of her leaving Blackwell.

Buzz. Buzz.

I looked over to see Max pull out her phone and smile. I smiled too, knowing exactly who was calling.