Chapter Four: Off You Shoo

I decided to wake up early this morning, I honestly regret it! I set my alarm for 6 o'clock and at 7:30 I had my hair straight and I looked pretty good. I had to make a slight adjustment to the uniform by rolling my skirt up to be mid-thigh/upper knee and you'd be surprised it actually looked good! I smiled at myself in the mirror before I heard my mum calling me from the bathroom. I sighed and walked to the bathroom door.

"Yes mum?" I asked irritated.

"Tegan, please, please, please go run down to the local shop and buy me a pack of extra absobent tampons!" She said in a rush. Oh god, why me?

"Fine, only if I get money for lunch." I bargain.

"Fine! Just hurry!" She says and I sigh before reaching into her wallet and grabbing a $50 note, lunch wasn't cheap nowadays.

I walked out the door and down the street humming a tune as I walked, it was slightly dark outside but it was refreshing. I entered the Coles and walked through the aisles until I found the one with tampons and to my luck there was no super absorbent but there was a worker restocking shelves a few metres away.

I walked down gathering up my pride. "Please tell me you have a pack of super absorbent tampons in that box of yours." I asked with a gulp.

"Lemme see." He mumbled searching through his box before grabbing three different boxes. "We have a few different brands, since your after super absorbent I would suggest getting the bulk pack of super duper absorbent since it's cheaper then getting two of the smaller packs."

"Thanks." I say grabbing the pack from his hand before he turns to see me. Holy shizzballs! A hot guy is giving me advice on buying a bulk pack of super duper absorbent tampons. I quickly turn on my heel and head to the counter with my head down in shame.

I place the pack of tampons on the line and wait until they put it through the register.

"Paper or plastic?" The guy at the register asks. I look up and almost shit my pants yet again. "Tegan?"

"They aren't mine I swear to god!" I almost scream and he laughs.

"Only you would come to Coles at 8:00 to buy a bulk pack of super duper absorbent tampons." Dylan laughs again.

"It's not my fault that I'm awake and my mum is sitting on the toilet getting her period and needing a tampon." I say before mentally face palming myself.

He places the packet into a paper bag and laughs before pushing my hand away so I couldn't give him the money. "It's on me, just for your mum so you can leave faster."

"Thanks, see you at school I guess." I smile waving at him as I walk away before slamming into the 'Guide Dogs' dog statue thing and falling to the floor. Dylan instantly runs to help me up laughing and sitting me down beside him at his register.

"You are such a klutz Tegan, I honestly don't understand why we call you Awkward and not Klutz." He laughs.

"I know right!" I laugh before looking at the time. "Shit, I really have to go. See you later." I smiled before going on tiptoes and kissing his cheek lightly. I sprint the whole way home and as soon as I get into the houe I push open the bathroom door, throw the tampon packet at my mother on the toilet before shutting the door and running upstairs to grab my school bag.

I grabbed my bag from beside my bedroom door and walked back downstairs to the kitchen when I hear my mum sigh happily as she leaves the bathroom.

"Great buy there Teges." She smiles as she sees me and a chill goes down my spine as I am completely grossed out.

"Thanks. I guess..." I say before walking out the front door towards school. As I was walking I felt a small jab in my sides and buckle to my knees. I turn to see Dylan laughing before helping me up.