Unplanned

"I think I'm pregnant."  Charlotte blurted out. My heart stopped for a moment and I stared at her like I was about to say something but there was this huge lump in my throat that wouldn't let the words come out. I didn't say say anything for quite a while.. I just looked at her. She looked away from me and just stared down at something. "Char.. What are you going to do when he beats you and you lose that baby." I said with a firm tone. She didn't say anything and a tear rolled down the side of her cheek. I lifted my hand and wiped it away and got closer to her. I went for her hand but she yanked it away. "You think I want this Ruth.. you think I wanted to marry a man who beats me for even the smallest thing that pisses him off.. you think I want to bring a child into a family where he or she may or may not watch his or her mother get beaten every time something didn't go their father's way. No. I dont want this life and you know how I feel about you.. you don't need to hear the words from me." She said with a hurt tone to her voice. "I..I'm sorry." I got out. She leaned over and looked me in the eyes.. tilted my head up and kissed me hard. She had never done this before. Ever. I kissed her back with all I had in me but I knew this was it. I knew what this meant. Charlotte was giving me one last piece of her to remember her forever. This was going to tear me up into a million pieces and she knew it. Charlotte was going to end us now because she knew once Victor found out about the baby he wouldn't let her leave the house in order to protect it. She knew she would be locked down from this point on to her husband and this child. Tears started rolling down my cheeks fast and she started wiping them away as they came. I looked down at my hands and she grabbed them in hers. "I love you. I love you more than anything Ruth." She whispered to me. I looked into her beautiful blue eyes and took in the fact I would never see them again. "I love you too." I whispered back. I laid my head against her shoulder and just stayed there.. hoping that this moment would freeze in time so that I'd never have to move on.. When I knew that she loved me and I loved her nothing else mattered. Nothing. But it ended and when it did it smacked me right in the face. She told me bye and I started walking back towards the produce so I could get in my car and just leave. As soon as I turned around to walk away hot tears hit the sides of my cheeks and fell to the ground. I didn't look back because I knew If I did I would die inside.

Sorry it's been so long since I've updated I hope you all will continue to read my story and I'll try to keep updating as soon as possible! Thanks.
-Baylee