Chapter 1

1. I don’t think i’m alone in this empty room

Elizabeth

I had always been a bit different, but I never thought of myself as a freak. I sometimes thought that I wasn’t alone. Like there was a presence in my house when I was the only one in it. I lived with my five sisters i was the second oldest. My eldest sister, Rose, is very sweet and understanding. The third oldest, Natalya, was very classic, she always did her homework and she was a goody two shoes but we all still loved her. The two youngest, Cathy and Emma, they always got into trouble making rude and funny remarks now and then. I loved all my sister and together we make quite a familie. My real name was Elizabeth but everyone calls me Lizzy. Rose is 18 i am 16, Natalya is 13,  Cathy and Emma  are both 12, there birthdays are on the same day but Cathy was born at 5 PM and Emma was born at 5:30PM, i know weird.They have been best friends since the day they were born. Me and Rose are really close we tell eachother everything. Our house was in the countryside,we had a lake and huge gardens. In the spring we’d get a range of wild flowers like daffodils, daisies and other brightly coloured flowers. I loved our house and our gardens. My sisters loved to run around the gardens and play games. Our mother and father watched. We have many wild animals that roam about the gardens as they please.

Once i brought my friend Jon over and he loved it. None of my sister have boyfriends accept for me.Jon only used to be a friend but then we started going out. I have just started dating him, he’s really nice, understanding and happy most of the time. The only thing that bugs is he’s always talking and flirting with other girls. I knew that he didn't love them but it still got on my nerves.

Dr.Woolcroft came to our door one day and said he wanted to check the house over, because it’s so old the wood on the stairs might rot or something so he’s here to check it. He’s a doctor of science not your everyday saving lives doctor in a hospital. It got dark before Jon came round, i hugged him as entered the door to the house. As it was winter it got dark around 4 in the afternoon.  In the mirror on the wall i saw his silhouette against mine.

A few days later  we were all sitting in the lounge when Dr.Woolcroft walked over to Jon and spoke to him. “I need to talk to you” Dr. Woolcroft said.

“Ok” Jon replied, they walked out into the hall and started talking but i couldn’t hear them.

I tired to hear them but i just couldn’t. Jon spoke next.

“What?”

“Do you remember when Elizabeth  fell down the stairs in this house , it should have caused her concussion or worse. But she wasn’t hurt...I think someone or something is protecting her, like a ghost. I know it sounds crazy but i have known this house and there have been ghosts in the past.”

“So you’re telling me that there is a ghost in  Elizabeth’s house, and this ghost is protecting my girlfriend?”

“Yes, but there may be more the last time a ghost protected a human it was when it loved the human.This ghost has a deep connection with her.

”So,there is a ghost in love with Lizzy”

“ I believe so. Do you want me to tell her or will you.”

“ I think we both should.”

They walked back, Jon had a troublesome look on his face. Jon said that he and Dr. Woolcroft  needed to talk to me. I watched them sit down on the sofa, Jon sat next to me. “ What was it that you wanted to talk to me about?” I asked interested.

“Umm, well there i s a ghost in love with you and protecting you that’s why you weren't badly injured when you fell down the stairs.” Jon said. I couldn’t believe it.

“I thought i kind of felt a presence or something you know when you get that feeling that you're not alone, even though you're in a room on your own you feel like you aren’t.” I told them.