Chapter 4

Chapter 4 Love is in the air, until someone comes and sucks the air clean!

Lizzy

I woke up in a daze. I looked at the time, it was 3 o'clock in the afternoon. I looked beside me expecting to see Robert but he wasn’t there. I scanned the room to see if he’d made himself invisible again. He hadn’t. Even since i’d kissed him, it’s like we’re connected, i can see him even though he’s a ghost and invisible. I can see him when so one else can. We were special. Thinking of Robert where the heck is he? Just then as if on cue he walked in bringing breakfast. I smiled. when he said. “Hey beautiful.” Aww, isn't he sweet. “I thought u might like breakfast in bed, i made it all myself.” I looked down at the tray he put in front of me. There was tea, orange juice, toast, butter, jam, peanut butter, scrambled eggs, cinnamon buns and a red rose. I looked up at Robert and pulled him down onto the bed, he quickly pulled away. Hurt touched me. But i saw as he moved the tray and put it on my bedside table and then he pressed his lips back to mine. It felt wonderful having his lips against mine. He pulled away too soon. “You should eat your breakfast before it gets cold.” I made a face but agreed. He watched me while i ate. I started to feel a little self conscious. When i finished i walked took the tray to the kitchen and walked back upstairs to my room Robert followed me i started to get changed then i realised he was still standing there looking at me. “Er, do you mind” He didn’t respond so i just got changed anyway. I really didn’t care. “Like the view?” I asked him. That snapped him out of his trance.

“Yeah, i do.” He replied with a guilty smile on his face. I blushed, i could feel heat burning, rushing up my cheeks.  He smiled at me then carried on watching.

“So what do you want to do today?” He asked me. I felt his fingers intertwined with mine. I lost my train of thought. I always found it hard to concentrate when he was touching me. “Um, i don’t mind,” Then i thought of something. “Oh, i know. Tell me about you. Tell me everything.” He looked away from my gaze, i wondered why. It’s almost as if he doesn’t want to tell me about himself.

We got interrupted when my mobile started ringing. It sung. I can turn the greyest sky to blue. I can turn the greyest sky to blue. Robert looked at me. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and answered it. “Hey girlie” No one ever called me girlie but Emily. “Hey Ems” I replied, still a little shocked.

“Girlie, do you mind if i drop round?” I smiled.

“Nope that’s fine.” I hung up and robert asked me why i was laughing. “She’s at the door already, its what she does. About 3 seconds later the doorbell rung. I giggle and went to get it. There was Emily as slim as ever eating a burger. “How do you eat so much and never get fat?” I asked her. She was always eating.

“I don’t know.” She giggled and walked past me.

“This is my boyfriend Robert, Robert met Emily. My best friend.” She looked at him then whispered in my ear. “What happened to Jon?”  I looked at her then at Robert.

“I’ll tell you later,” I murmured. She looked me in the eyes and mouthed back. Okay, Girlie.

She walked off into the kitchen and i followed her with Robert on my heels. “So, what you got to eat?” I laughed. This was the typical Emily. She opened the carborded and the fridge and started ,making herself and peanut butter and jam sandwich. “Oi, make one for me Ems”

“Coming up Girlie. Robert do you want anything?”

“Nah i’m good.” He said in an unsteady voice.  I turned to face Robert. I think he was slightly taken aback by Emily.

I felt his arms slide around my waist pulled me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck. His lips softly touched mine, I deepened the kiss and my hands wandered into his hair. Emma was so busy and quiet i forgot she was there until she said. “Hey guys can we keep it a PG, i’m in the room you know.” I laughed and tried to untangle myself but Robert wouldn’t let me. I looked into his eyes, they were darkened and filled with lust. “Sandwiches are ready” Ems yelled at me.  She carried them upstairs to my bedroom along with two packets of crisps and two bottles of water.  Here we go, I thought myself.