Phoenix Moon

I ran to the courtyard, where a crowd was gathering. Professor Treawlney was standing there. Her large glasses were lopsided. She was holding an empty liquor bottle, and was sobbing. She looked as though falling apart at the seams.

"Professor!" I breathed. McGonagall hurried over, pulling her into a comforting hug as she wailed that Hogwarts was her home. As much as I didn't like her I knew she wasn't a fraud- She has predicted that a great evil from my past would arise just the other day. This morning I scented rouge wolf. I ran forward, one of her trunks upside down. I flipped it back over and offered my comforts to the teacher, helping her to sit down on it.

"Don't cry." I told her. She gave a great sniff.

"Your inability to predict tomorrow's weather-" she began but I growled. Everyone turned to my as my eyes turned amber.

"She was correct the other day!" I called. Everyone stared at me, even Professor Treawlney.

"I scented rouges this morning. Rouge Wolves. The same ones that murdered my family." I said, turning my head to hide the mist in my eyes. I looked up at Treawlney.

"You were right, don't doubt your Sight for a moment." I told her. Umbridge looked at me as if she had dung under her nose.

"Det-" but she was cut off by a howl. My breath hitched. Dozens of skeletally thin rouges were advancing, fur bristling and teeth bared. Their eyes were all black, emotionless, cold. A shiver passed down my spine.

"Get inside!" I ordered. Many students ran, screaming. Soon it was just me, harry, Hermione, Ron, the twins, Ginny, Luna, Neville, and one or two other students standing there. My friends. I shifted and tilted my head to the sky, letting out a chilling battle cry. A few teachers raced out, wands drawn, but we were already fighting. Snape's eyes widened as he looked into the eyes of one of the rouges before swiftly Stunning it. He finally knew why I was nervous around him at first. Most of the rouges were out cold or bound or something by magic- they'd been ill informed. I was a rolling mass of fur with the leader before he pinned me, one paw on my neck. I shifted back, panting. He did as well. Long nails scratched my throat but I made no effort to move.

"You don't remember me, do you?" I asked, recognizing his scent, breathing heavily. Harry raised his wand but I held up a hand in his direction. This was my fight.

"Nope." he said, sneering, digging the filthy nails into my neck so I felt blood well from the small half moons for a moment before healing over.

"Who do you think I am?" I asked, digging my fingers into the ground as he shifted his position, a hand on my side and pushing the breath out of me.

"You're Lunar Crescent." he said, referring to my old pack name. His rank breath was making my head spin slightly.

"No, I'm Phoenix Moon." I said, the new pack name tumbling from my lips as if it had always been there. His eyes widened slightly.

"Yes, you're Lunar Crescent! Your pack destroyed my family! I'll get my revenge on all of you!" he yelled. We killed a number of rouges when they tried to murder a pup. Poor guy's in denial.

"I was when I was seven! I'm a Beta's daughter you fool! I've made my own pack! You killed my brother, and it's my turn for revenge!" I yelled back, springing upwards with fists raised.

"This. Is. My. Territory." I snarled, a punch or kick matching every word. He was weak, I was strong. I had fire in my veins, and he had nothing but ice. I was Phoenix. He wasn't going to last long. Fifteen minutes of constant melee later I had him pinned, my knee on his neck and a hand pinning his wrists to the ground. He was panting hard, I was too. Sweat beaded my forehead, sliding down my face but I made no move to wipe away the moisture. I leaned close to his face.