Before Summer

Hello, my name is Nathan Henderson but you can call me Nate. I live somewhere in Los Angeles together with my mum, Anne Henderson and my sister, Gemma Henderson. But most of the time, it's just me and my mother in the house because my sister is working out of town.

It was the third week of May, college students in our campus are very busy meeting up their professors and fulfilling their requirements before graduation. Everyone is busy with their own business. But me, I'm just chillin' out in the roof top, feeling inspired and thinking of something or maybe someone.

My best friend, Topher, spoiled the moment when I heard his voice.

"Nate, I have something important to tell you," he glared at me with eyes wide open.

"What is it?" I replied nervously.

"Professor Robinsons wants to see you after lunch."

"Phew, I thought it was something shocking. Okay, thanks for telling!"

Topher Peterson is one of my best friends. He is always with me especially whenever I need him. Many girls are attracted to him. I admit it, he got the looks and maybe his talent of playing the guitar and singing are turn on to the ladies. Most of the time when I'm with him, I always get allergies, because he always put baby powder on his face.

 "Can you help me out with something?' I asked him.

Suddenly, Ashley came looking for us.

"Guys, I've been looking for you. It is almost twelve noon. Let us eat together at the cafeteria," she told us.

Ashley Nelson is my other best friend. Actually, she's not just my best friend. She is also my crush since the Freshmen year. But she did not know about it. Her pretty face is so appealing to me. My day is not complete if I didn't see her. Luckily, she's my best friend so I have a chance to get closer to her.

"What is it you are saying?" Topher asked.

"Never mind," I replied. " Let's go guys, I'm kinda hungry right now."

In the cafeteria, I used to eat beside Ashley. She was telling a story but I decided not to listen. I am just staring at her beauty.

Then suddenly, she stopped for a while. She was staring at someone.

"Oh my gosh! Josh looks so hot in his outfit today," she told Topher because I bet she knew that I'm not listening in her story.

"Whatever Ashley! So Topher, who is your date this coming prom?" I changed the topic.

"Fortunately, Lucy agreed to be my date."

"Me, I was asked by Josh and I answered yes. How about you Nate? Who is your date?" Ashley asked.

"There's nobody yet. In fact, there's no one who deserves to be," I replied looking at her.

"Well, why don't you ask Cindy? I heard that she's free until now."

"Oh Ashley, If you only know who does he wanna ask!" Topher interrupted.

"Shut up!" I wish Topher didn't say that.

"By the way Nate, at what time will you meet Professor Robinsons?" he asked.

"I think that time is now. See you later guys!"

I left the cafeteria knowing that Topher was following me. He is looking at me in the way that he intends to annoy me. Looking at him annoyed made me bump in to someone. I felt embarassed because I bumped in to Cindy Carmel and I made her drop her books. I helped her pick up her things.

"Nate, ask her," Topher whispered.

"Ask me about what?" I didn't know Cindy heard him.

"Well uhm...You see, I still don't have a date this coming prom. Will you be my date?" I asked her.

"I'd be honored to be your date," she replied.

 Ashley passed by with her co-dancers, mumbling "Somebody's lucky!"

Then Professor Robinsons appeared. He seemed to be a little upset maybe beacause I'm late. Professor Robinsons is one of my favorite mentors in my college. Even though he is angry, you can easily catch his heart. Anything you want for a teacher, just look for Professor Robinsons.

"You're late, Nathan Henderson," he told me.

"Sorry for that prof. Its just that..." I wasn't able to finish my explanation.

"Anyways, I have two great news for you. First is, you were able to top the whole senior level."

"Really?" I asked. But honestly, not to be boasting, I've expected it 'cause my course is not that difficult for me.

"Yes, that's why you are recquired to make your graduation speech. I'm expecting a lot from you Mr. Henderson," he replied.

"Sure thing. You can count on me," I feel flattered every time I'm being trusted.

"And lastly, your suit for the prom arrived. It's in the conference room with the other suits."

"Thanks prof."

I went to the conference room to check out my suit. I search the one with my name.When I found it, I quickly opened the cover. Woah! A tuxedo. This is one of the reasons why I love Professor Robinsons. He has a good taste. He was the wan who chose my suit 'cause I'm very busy at some stuffs.

"Topher, look at this," I boasted him.

"How I wish that was mine," he said.

I love the choice of my mentor. It has red chaleco over white long sleeves polo. The bow tie is red and the blazer and trousers are white. It has a red hankie in the chest pocket. the cloth was perfect. Actually, everything was perfect.

"This is a perfect pair for the red dress of Cindy," I tried to adopt that Cindy is going to be my date.

"Yeah right. Is that so?" he replied.

(to be continued...)