Escape (5)

Darcy's POV

I groan waking up... I don't remember falling asleep in bed. Ah well. I search for my phone and panic when I can't find it. I push myself up and notice my bags are in the room.

I slide out of bed and get changed. I take out the speaker I naturally had packed. I find my phone in one of the bags and bring the things downstairs. Glancing at the time I smile a little. Ten, what a lovely time to wake up.

I put Skin on by Rihanna as I look for something to eat, opening the fridge. Hmm... What do I want for breakfast.

"You're great at making yourself right at home." Jace snorts and I close the fridge to look at him. "Glad to see you're finally awake sleeping beauty."

I roll my eyes. "Shouldn't you be doing alpha duties or whatever." I reply.

"I can accomplish many of those 'alpha duties' in my office. I came to see if you needed help with breakfast." Jace replies.

"Oh please, get me something to eat." I hum.

"I'm not your maid." Jace growls.

I give him a bored look. "Get me my breakfast."

"Find it yourself." Jace snaps, walking away.

I stick my tongue out at his back. "Find it yourself." I say in a mock voice, opening the fridge again.

I get the milk and find a box of this gross cereal. Well I'm not eating that. I huff in annoyance and pour myself a glass of milk as I look for something else to eat. I find a bagel and some butter. I put it in the toaster and wait impatiently.

Someone walks into the house, the door closing makes me jump. I watch the Beta past the kitchen, walking to I assume Jaces office. Oh, I do want to eavesdrop.

My bagel pops up and I slather butter on it, taking a bite as I walk to the office. I sit in the hall a little ways away.

"-for the training. Step it up for everyone. Make sure if a girl is strong enough, she has the chance to fight a male." Jace says in his no-nonsense voice.

"Yes Alpha... What shall the new ages be?" Garrett. Didn't Ann say he was Garrett? Or maybe Jarrett... Ah well.

"Ten to fourteen in one section, kids training. Everyone from fifteen to forty-five must be there."

I tilt my head... I'm nineteen so... I smile excitedly.

"And the new training times?" Garrett asks.

"11 A-M to 12 P-M. Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's. Tuesday's will be only male training in the afternoon and Thursday's only female training in the afternoon."

Today is Wednesday! Oh I am so showing up to this training session.

"First will be today then."

I run upstairs and go to my bags. I pull out black running shorts and of course, a black sports bra. I pull those on along with some running shoes.

I hear the beta walk out and I check the time. Ten to eleven. Let's go! I walk out to my balcony and slip out easily. I drop down and follow the betas scent.

I end up at a big clearing where lots of other wolves already are. Lots of other wolves. I gawk at how many there are. Woah...

I watch a man walk with the beta and call them all together.

There's this long speech about the alpha wanting to up their training, the dates are issued, and there of course are some complaints.

I want to time my moment coming out perfectly. The beta knew I was their Luna, ew, I scrunch up my nose. But I still smelt of rogue. That's how I'll get a real fight.