Epilogue

Epilogue

"Elle you look perfect, it's only a winter program there's no need to get so worked up. See, Ben is excited." Harry holds our nine year old son on his shoulders. I don't see why he does it, I know he's more than strong enough but Ben is nine. Elle is now twelve but she stopped letting him hold her when she was eight, although she's still a major daddy's girl.

We had Ben when Elle was three years old, soon after our wedding and after we had discussed finishing college. During the time Harry let off steam by joining football, and is now a leading quarterback for the Green Bay Packers. I remember him telling me he grew up adoring the team, but he had never seen himself playing football until I convinced him. I've become an author and stay at home mom to take care of Elle and Ben, which means we're extremely close as a family.

Elle comes over to me with a pout on her lips. "Will you please do my hair mom? Dad is being a nugget."

"I heard that young lady," Harry shouts from the other room as he gets dressed to leave. "Harry it's her last winter program before she goes to middle school, of course it's important." I braid her hair the way she likes it and she hugs me. She's yet to ask about her biological father and I don't think I'll ever have the heart to explain what happened to her. Harry said he would do it, but I want her to be ready.

"Mom! Dad won't let me where my Nike's," I hear Ben shout from his room and I laugh. "Ben honey, it's a nice program you've got to dress nice like your father." I hear him sigh loudly and kick off his shoes in his room as I put my coat on. Harry walks down in a button up shirt and jeans that still sends my heart racing.

"You look as gorgeous as ever love." He kisses my cheek and I hear Elle gag behind us. "Could you two not be gross for one night?"

"Hey, it's not my fault that I love your mum so much. I can't help it."

She huffs and walks out to the car, but I catch a glimpse of the smile on her face.

•••
Harry.

"Benjamin you'll make us late to your own sister's wedding," I call to my son from down the stairs. "I'm coming I'm coming damn dad," I laugh and he comes down in his suit, I'm such a proud father in sure my past self would vomit. "How would Lily feel if we were late picking her up," I scold as I drive with him to pick up his fiancé on the way to the venue. "Eh, she'd understand. She always does."

"You really love her don't you?" He smiles at me and nods slowly. I had the same look on my face when I first met Belle, hell I still do.

I feel my heart stop as I see my Belle in her dress for the evening. "You'll do great," she kisses my lips, leaving my body filled with electricity. "Im so damn in love with you Belle." My whisper almost goes unheard but Belle looks up with her shy smile. "I'll always be head-over-heels in love with you Harry."

I'm almost sure I'll never breathe again when Elle walks in to stand next to me in her gown. "My baby girl," I hug her close to me, trying my very best not to cry. "I love you daddy."

"I love you too princess."

After the service I dance with my wife to the slow music. "I never knew that my life would turn out to be so perfect," she whispers and I kiss her forehead.

"Hey, imperfect people can have happy endings too my love."