Chapter One

Addie's POV
I sat in the coffee shop, bored and sipping my hot chocolate. I scrolled through Instagram mindlessly, liking some posts here and there. My brother, Wade, texted me.

W: When will you be here?

A: In about an hour, calm down.

Siblings hate each other, sure, but Wade and I were different. Sure we fought, of course we blamed each other for things the other did, but did that matter? The fact I had an amazing sibling like him is good enough.

His friend Mark was coming to visit, and he insisted on letting Mark stay with him. I'm staying with him because Molly insisted. I always came back after new year, and Mark spends time with family and comes over. This was the first year that he stayed at Wade's. Wade was kind at heart, and pretty smart through that receding hairline of his. I pulled into his house and knocked, being yanked in. I smiled and hugged him. We relaxed and he eventually left to edit videos. He's really good at it, but he's still an idiot for not telling me he got potato chips. Well maybe he's smart, considering I would eat them all in one swoop. It was only noon, so I decided to play some videogames. I sifted through Wade's games, finally finding South Park Stick of Truth. Yes! I had only gotten halfway through the game, I could totally finish it here! I smiled and grabbed a controller. I immediately got dialed in, and next thing I knew it was 5 o'clock. My god! Wade came in from the other room and sat down.
"Where's Molly?" I asked, kicking serious ass.

"Store. She wants stuff for New Years. Do you want to cook?" He asked, flopping his head to the side.

"Fine. I'll be sure to spit on your food." I snarled. I stood up and walked to the kitchen, quickly throwing a pizza into the oven. I stepped back into the living room and plopped on the couch. "You're welcome. Why couldn't Molly just get something?"

"Because then you wouldn't be pissed. How could I pass up that opportunity?" He said, poking my ribs. I rolled my eyes and waited for the pizza. I changed to Dead Island, and we played for so long. "Get that guy by the car! Addie!" He yelled.

"Calm down! I'm going! You still have to watch my back there's going to be another wave!" I screamed back. My characters neck was ripped open, and I leaned back on the couch. "God damnit. I know who I can't trust for the zombie apocalypse." I said, putting my controller down angrily. The oven beeped and I sprinted towards the kitchen, letting my socks skate across the tile. I smiled, I always used to fall. I grabbed the pizza and cut it up. "Come get it nerd! Fresh from the freezer to the oven!"I yelled. I scarfed three pieces down while going onto YouTube.

"Have you seen Mark's videos?" Wade asked, mouth stuffed with pizza. I shook my head.

"My friends won't shut up about him, I'll check him out. I watch you though, just no one else. Maybe Pewdiepie and Ken" I said.

"Ah. Just me." He chuckled. "Check out his highlights" I looked up Markiplier highlights, and the next thing I knew I was laughing so hard I couldn't breath.

"And I get to meet this guy?" I said to myself. I wasn't going to lie, he was hot. "Oh my god. It's that Mark! God I haven't seen him in so damn long! He's so famous now!" I screamed. I got up and drank some water before deciding to turn in. Then I was going to scroll through apps on my phone until I passed out. Sounds good to me.

Next morning

I woke up and checked my phone. No messages. I yawned and rubbed my eyes. My stomach growled, telling me to get up. I stood up and walked into the living room, sleepy and dazed. "What time is it?" I called out to Wade.

"It's 11, Molly and I are going to go get Mark, want to tag along?" He said, walking in from the kitchen. I shrugged and yawned. "Coffees on the counter, and help yourself to food." He simply said, walking over. He pushed my forehead back, like when we were kids. My head hit the pillows.

"Oh no, I'm dead" I said in the most monotonous voice I could muster.

"Oh too bad. What kind of flowers do you want at your funeral?" He ruffled my hair and walked out the door, not letting me answer. I groaned and flopped to the side, allowing the couch cushions to claim me as their own.