My Life as Duke Starr's Assistant...[Part 2]

"Come on, Val. Stop acting like a baby," Denise said, pulling my arm.

"Gah! Just leave me alone! Let me wallow in my misery!" I cried, placing my hand on my forehead. Denise stood with her hands on her hips.

"Hollywood's just a half hour away. You want to try out for a movie? You'd be dramatic enough," she said sarcastically. I glared at her.

"You know, you're not being very sympathetic right now," I said.

"Because you're not cooperating," she replied.

"I don't want to cooperate. I want my job back," I whined, trying to force out fake tears. She gave me a look and I pouted. "What do you want me to do?" I asked.

"I want you to get off your butt and go out and find yourself a job. You've been sitting at home for two weeks now doing absolutely nothing. You're a mess!" she answered, clearly aggravated.

"I'm too depressed," I mumbled.

"And you'll stay depressed until you find a job. It's not going to magically come to you!" she exclaimed.

"But it'd be wonderful if it did," I said. She glared daggers at me and I sighed. "Fine. I'll get up and shower," I said.

"Well at least that's some progress," she muttered. I shot her a glare and went into the bathroom. When I walked back out, all showered and cleaned, I bumped right into Denise, who was holding up a pair of beige skinny pants and a light blue sleeveless blouse with ruffles on the front.

"What-?" I began.

"Change into this. You got an interview!" she exclaimed.

"How? I didn't apply anywhere," I said, taking the clothes from her and walking into my room.

"I know. I did," she replied. I gave her a look. "Well you weren't doing anything!" she defended.

"You didn't think it was important to tell me that you applied for me?" I asked her, pulling the pants on.

"I debated on it, but then I figured you'd fight me or something. Now you have an interview and you have no choice but to go," she replied, smiling cheekily at me.

"Did the call come just now?" I asked. She nodded.

"While you were in the shower. See! I told you. You just had to make some effort," she exclaimed.

"I took a shower..." I pointed out, pulling the blouse over my head. I picked at the ruffles and rolled my eyes. This was not one of my tops. I would never wear ruffles.

"And by taking a shower, you made some effort to get off your lazy ass," Denise said. I shook my head at her logic.

"I don't think sleeveless is appropriate for an interview," I said. She handed me a darker beige blazer with light blue pinstripes on it.

"There; it's perfect," she said. I pulled it on and looked at her.

"Ok, am I presentable?" I asked.

"Lucky for you, you're naturally pretty, so you don't even need make-up," she said to me.

"Shut up. I am not," I mumbled, reaching my hand up to my hair.

"You could use some lip-gloss, though," she said, handing me a tube. I applied as told and then stood facing her.

"Can we go now?" I asked. She handed me a folder that no doubt had my resume and certificates in it.

"Yes, let's go. I'll drive," she said.

"You have to drive. I have no idea where I got the interview at," I said.