Chapter Thirty-One

Disclaimer: I do not own Vampire Academy.

RPOV:

I nervously smoothed down my shirt as we stood in front of the door of the Belikov house. It had been a week since I had officially become a guardian. After the family dinner, we’d gone to bed and the next morning flew to Court. After figuring out housing - Dimitri and I got a two bedroom apartment in the guardian housing - we’d moved in just in time to pack to go to Russia.

My mind wandered to the family dinner we had as Dimitri knocked on the door.

After Dimitri and I finally pulled ourselves away from each other - and away from the bed - we took a quick shower together. The shower almost turned into a repeat of what we’d just done in bed, only the thought of being late to dinner keeping us in check. Even then we were rushing to get dressed.

You know, I wonder if your mom had any idea of what we’d do if she took Ivan,” Dimitri mused, pulling on his shirt.

I looked at him with horror. “God, I hope not! That’s mortifying!” I exclaimed.

Dimitri chuckled and hugged me. “She probably felt the tension between us, Roza. It’s not exactly subtle.” His kissed the side of my head.

I shuddered at the thought of my mom knowing I had sex with Dimitri.

Rose, it’s alright,” he assured me.

I turned to him, glaring. “Yeah? How would you feel if your mom knew you had sex?” I snapped.

Dimitri gave me a look of amusement. “Roza, my mom does know I’ve had sex. There’s nothing wrong with it.”

I frowned. I tried not to think of all the other girls who had Dimitri before me. I knew there were several; no way could he have become that skilled and experienced through one girl. I shook my head.

Whatever,” I muttered. “Let’s go.”

On the way to Abe’s guest room, we swung by the Moroi dorms to get Lissa. Christian, naturally, tagged along.

Since most people were gone from the school, and I was graduated, Dimitri and I held hands openly.

So, Rosie, when were you going to tell me you had a boyfriend?” Christian asked.

I jumped a little, startled. “Um, oh, I forgot you didn’t know,” I muttered.

Lissa explained the situation to him, sensing I was too impatient to.

Once we reached guest housing, I hurried up the steps, anxious to see my son. Dimitri seemed to be thinking the same things, because he stayed by my side the entire time.

We reached the door and I knocked impatiently.

Mom opened the door with Ivan in her arms.

Thank you,” I said primly, plucking him out of her arms. “Hello my little man, how are you?” Ivan smiled up at me, gurgling cutely, happy to see me. “Aw, Mommy missed you too.” I kissed both of his cheeks.

Hey, little Ivan,” Dimitri said sweetly, swooping down to kiss him too. “Daddy missed you too. Did you have fun with your grandma?”

Um, guys, maybe you should take this inside?” Lissa said uncertainly, coming up behind us.

Mmhmm,” I replied absentmindedly, cuddling my son close to my chest.

We walked through the door and into the general living area. Dimitri and I stood to the side, still saying hi to our son. Dimitri wrapped his arms around both of us, pulling us into his chest.