Chapter One: Eotteoke

What to do?

The streets in here seems a bit too complicated for me. It was like a huge maze for me. My googlemap is still no use for me since I am not really street wise, I had been lost a couple of times. Many horrible situations bombarded my mind, what if I'll end up at the streets until I have no money and I'll end up as a beggar? What if I'll get robbed? Or worse....

Get raped!

I shook my head and tried not to think of more worse possiblities than that. I'll find the apartment soon enough. I heard somewhere on the website that there are a bunch of stars from a Korean entertainment company living there. So I think it will be easier for me to audition because there is a nearby entertainment in here so it means I will not get lost. But! What to do if I'm already lost to begin with!?

I stopped when I heard foot steps behind my back. I slowly turned my head and immediately look straight ahead. It was a guy in a black hoodie and he was looking at the ground. Probably because he doesn't want to get caught. I trotted, getting ready to ran away from him. Walking faster each second.

Sh*t, he's totally following me. I tried to gather my courage and ran as fast as I could even though I wasn't the best when it comes to running. Luckily, I didn't trip like some horror movies do, who always somehow find a way to magically trip. Though...my suitcase did. It broke open, my clothes splattering on the open sidewalk. Open for the next coming crowd to see.

I didn't stop from running, I still have my important belongings on my backpack.

"Stop!" I heard the man shout.

I turn left and rights. Randomly going to unknown streets. Well, they all are. A lengthy time of running and out of miracle maybe, I saw the huge sign.

P apartment.

Big bold letters hanging on the multiple floored building.

That's where I had planned to stay. Loose memories start to build and it finally sinked in that I had already found it! I let out a huge sigh of relief, my shoulders relaxed and my knees began to soften out of happiness. My heart beat still gallops crazily considering I have never run like this before. What an amazing experience for my first day of journey. So great. I just hoped I lost him.

I walked towards the reception. An ajhumma who looked like almost on her 50's intensely sat there with her eyes glued on the television. It was a korean drama, obviously. Her dyed chestnut hair was tied into a bun.

I wore a huge smile,"Hello good afternoon".

She stopped from midway crying, wiping her teary eyes and finally looked towards me. Her eyes crinkled from smiling and she claps her hand.

"Welcome come to P apartment," She said, focusing on my face.

"Such a beautiful darling," She complimented, she smiles sweetly.

I nod shyly, amazed how nice she is, "Um...I reserved a room good for one, under Piper Park".

"Sure! Wait let me check, okay?" She then searched on her computer. She really seems good on computer for her age. I waited and tucked my brown hair from messing my vision.

As I waited, a woman who recently came in rudely stared at me like I was some short of a weird alien lurking on the streets of Korea. It shocked me because for me I looked like more of my Korean father but the difference is that my face shape and skin came from my American mother.

I frown at her hateful stare.

"Don't worry, not all of us are like that," I heard the ajhumma say.