A

Jeremy
Kelly's fingertips graced the keys of the piano as she played the notes. Her angelic voice sang the words so well. She had written this song and she sang it when no one was listening. I wasn't even supposed to hear, but she didn't know I was listening. She was so beautiful and I didn't want her to stop, so I stayed silent. "Love is patient, love is kind, love is cold, love is broken. What is love. What is love. Will I ever feel lo- dang it Jeremy I know you're there!" She slammed her hands on the keys.
"Sorry."
"Just don't do it again."
"No promises."
"I hate you." She smiles a bit.
"I love you too, darling." She rolled her eyes at me.
"Jeremy, can I ask you something?"
"Sure."
"Why do you hang out with me?"
"What do you mean?" We took a two-second dance break for the subtle Justin Bieber reference.
"Well, you're three years older than me and my brothers are your best friends. Sometimes I feel like I'm just little Kelly, bothering all of you guys."
"First, your brothers can get really annoying, second, you're the only person I know that knows what they want from life." And third, I love you, but I wasn't gonna say that.
"Anything else?" Yes.
"No, those are all of your qualities." Kelly burst out laughing. "What was that song about?"
"None of your business."
"Hey, it's a question for a question. I get two."
"And I answered, you could have said the same thing to mine."
"You see, that's not fair." She started to move away and I grabbed her by the waist. We started wrestling and we fell on the couch, our faces inches apart. I wanted to kiss her, like, right now.
"I'm home." Kelly's mom screamed, and, within a millisecond, we were sitting on opposite sides of the couch, pretending to talk. Dang it. "Help with the groceries, I'm not getting any younger!"
"We're coming, we're coming." I said.
"JEREMY!" Kelly's older twin sisters screamed in unison. I dived under the piano to save myself. I crossed my fingers and hoped that this would work.