The Lake

Yoshiko walked around the festival for a moment, her hand buried inside her pockets as she looked for the managers. It was after five minutes when she spotter Sachiko and Yui.

"Hey! Sacchin! Yui-chan!" Yoshiko called out with a wave. While Sachiko was wearing casual clothes, Yui was wearing a yellow and white yukata with a purple obi on. "Oh wow, Yui-chan," Yoshiko giggled, "You're wearing a yukata. I'm so jealous."

Yui turned red at her words, "Well, I mean, I thought Sacchin and Yossan are going to wear yukatas too..."

"The last time I wore a yukata was 4 years ago. My city doesn't really held festivals," Yoshiko grinned.

"They're too long, it's a pain to wear them," Sachiko shrugged. All three of them bursts into laughter before making their way through the stalls. As Yoshiko eyed the food stalls one by one, Yui started talking.

"You know, I heard Kuramochi-kun got into another fight," she started.

"Haaa? Again?" Yoshiko rolled her eyes, "What's that brat up to?"

"He used to be a delinquent, right?" Sachiko asked.

"Hmm, yeah, but I suppose we shouldn't talk about that," Yoshiko confirmed, nodding her head.

"Well I heard that Nakatani-san from Class B got a boyfriend?" Sachiko said again.

"Wow, really? This early to the year? That's awesome," Yui laughed.

"I think I know that, it's Moriyama-kun isn't it?" Yoshiko asked.

"Hmm, I wasn't sure, I'll ask her if I get the chance to."

"Yo!" Suddenly a familiar voice called out to them. At first, Yoshiko didn't realise that it was meant for then so she kept on walking, only to stop when Yui and Sachiko did.

"Mei-senpai!"

"You know, you guys shouldn't gossip. In Buddhism, you'll get reincarnated to an animal," Mei lectured, hitting the top of their heads one by one.

"You said you're going to study," Yoshiko frowned, patting the spot Mei hit.

"I sneaked out for my lovely, except Yoshiko, kouhais," Mei stuck her tongue out at Yoshiko while pulling Yui and Sachiko into a hug.

Yoshiko cried anime tears, as she watch the three of them walk off. "Yo come back, you dumbass! I was joking!" Mei shouted, her cheeks red.

Yoshiko laughed before chasing them. Man, it's a little painful to think that Mei-senpai would graduate this year.