Introduction

This story is based off of a dream I had, which didn't last too long so I'm going to try to make up as I go, and see how that works out.

Currently looking for a cover.

Introduction - Louis POV (it'll be Louis pov throughout the entire book)

"You want to enter Breaking Point?  Are you a fool? You'll die out there."  My stepfather said, and I clenched my fists.

"I'm entering for the chance to make a better life for myself and the girls." I replied.
"You've practiced for three months Louis, and even than you've screwed up every 'obstical' you've made for yourself.  You can't be serious, there's people who enter that practiced their entire lives and died before the third round."  I sat on a stool on my right, placing my elbows on the broken down counter top.

"Well I'm going to die anyway, and if it's going to be trying for the ones I love, so be it."  I no longer cared for what my stepfather had to say.  He's been a coward his whole life, he didn't even try to stop my mother when she entered Breaking Point.

I knew how dangerous these levels were, but we were poor.  Most people nowadays were.  The only rich come from those who have won Breaking Point or who's relatives won it.

I don't want my sisters or their children, or even my future children, to suffer like this, struggling for scraps of food on a daily basis.  I wanted to make a difference for not only myself but for them.

"Well it's your choice.  I tried talking your mother out of it too, but she was too persistent, just like you.  And look what happened, everything's the exact same except for the fact that she's not here anymore."  I looked down at the wooden table, and began chipping some pieces off, furrowing my eyebrows.

My mother entered Breaking Point when I was six years old, twelve years ago.  She made it until the third round.  She got electrocuted.  I never got to watch it happen, gladly.  My stepfather refused to let me.  I wanted to continue her legacy, all she wanted was a better life for us, and I wanted to make sure it happened.  I didn't want her death to be in vain.

"Good, because I already signed up.  They pick all of us tomorrow morning."  I said, not looking up.  He quit cutting the darkened carrots and looked up at me.

"That soon?  Who's going to take care of the girls?  There's four of them, I can't do it on my own!" His voice slightly raised, mainly in fear.  I shook my head.  I knew he'd say this.  He always made me take care of them, ever since mom passed.  He didn't do shit for us.

"You'll figure something out."  I answered, slightly mad, and walked out.  I walked to my room, located in the small attic above the living room, and pulled the string, revealing a small latter.  I pulled myself up it and shut it below me, pulling the latter back up.

I took out my large bag, and began packing everything I thought I'd need.

As I layed on the small pile of pillows I called my bed, I felt a wave of fear hit me.  Was I really ready for this?  I didn't have a choice anymore, I already signed up, and the bus was going to be here to pick me up in the morning.  There was no turning back.