Untitled Part Three

"I'm Louis, this is Harry." I replied awkwardly, my body still stiff. "You guys are cute together, too bad we'll probably all die." Niall said and Zayn slapped him on the back of his head, while my mouth was left wide open.

"Don't listen to him." Zayn told us. I was going to reply when a loud screech interrupted us. Niall and Zayn both sped over here, the water splashing as they went and making me flinch.

We heard stomps coming from above us, and I stiffened even more, hoping this bird creature thing wouldn't find us.

It went quiet. I looked at each of the boys in fear, each of us wondering where it went. We didn't have to wait long, because a few seconds later there was a loud splash in the water in front of us and the creature was facing us, letting out a loud scream. He began advancing toward us, and Niall screamed, trying to hide himself behind me.

The creature advanced us and looked me in the eye with it's dark red ones, making me shiver. We all went quiet as it observed me, and just as suddenly as it appeared it's mouth drew open and latched onto my torso, dragging me out with it.

"OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO DIE." I yelled, being thrown upside down. "Louis!" Harry yelled, and I caught a glimpse of him swimming at us before I was welcomed by light as I was brought out of the tunnel and thrown up as it flew out of the water.

All of a sudden large beeps started echoing, like a ticking clock. The bird threw me up in the air and just floated there as I advanced upwards ten feet. I let out a scream as I started falling, the bird below me with it's mouth open and waiting for me to fall into it.

I heard three more beeps before it went quiet and a loud alarm sounded, making the bird turn around and fly away. I looked confusingly at it as it disappeared behind a tree, almost forgetting that I was still falling.

I let out a final scream before I was engulfed in water again. I saw feet moving toward me and I felt a pain hit my head as I landed on the bottom. As soon as my head went above the water, gasping for air, Harry was screaming in my ear.

"Oh my god Louis. Are you okay?! It was going to bloody eat you whole! You barely made it, oh my god. But it's over! Round one is over!" Harry said, getting excited towards the end. I just stared gaping at him as I replayed the recent events in my head.

I stood up than, realizing that the water was about 4 and a half feet. Than I focused on the throbbing pain in my head. I reached over and touched the sore spot. Good, it's not bleeding.

"Congratulations!" A voice than boomed, cutting off my thoughts. "You've made it through round one. Follow the red line that should now be appearing in front of each of you. It'll lead you back to the door you came out of. I hope you all had fun!" The lady was right, a red line slowly showed under the water, reaching onto land and disappearing behind the trees. There were three lines next to it, and I looked toward the others, seeing faint red lines in front of them as well.

I shrugged and pulled myself back out of the water. "I'm actually alive." I finally said as we entered the forest again.

"I know! I was so sure you were a gonner as soon as that thing latched it's mouth onto you." Niall said, shaking his head.

I ignored his statement and Niall and Zayn advanced ahead of us, while Harry stayed walking next to me. "I'm happy you're alive." He said, almost too quiet to hear. "Why do you care? One, maybe even both, of us are going to die anyway?" I asked, honestly curious.

"I don't know.. There's just something about you." He answered, and we walked into a familiar clearing. There were other people there also, walking into the door that I could've sworn disappeared before. Some were frowning, others happy they lived. They were all dirty though, I probably was too.

I didn't answer Harry's response, and instead walked toward the door. We were one of the last people in, most people sitting at their lockers. It was where we were before.

"I'm so not ready for round two. Isn't it supposed to get harder?" I asked, plopping down on my chair. The small tablet that was connected to my locker was black, showing that it was off.

Harry sat down in his chair next to me. "Sadly, yes. Try not to worry about it right now." Harry said softly, staring at me. I looked down, not meeting his gaze. The sound of small taps hitting the floor caught my attention, and I looked up. The girl from before, Eleanor, was walking toward the stage.

"Hello everyone and congratulations. I know how tired each of you must be, but if you can please provide your attention towards me for a moment.." She waited a few seconds, before continuing.

"Congratulations, and as most of you made it through round one, unfortunately others didn't," She glanced around the room and I took that moment to look also. There were empty seats here and there, maybe about 112. I don't remember the floors shaking that much, how did that many people die already?

"Ninety-one died shortly after entering and sixty-four died after that. I will quickly read off the names, which will appear in a list on your screens." I looked toward my screen, which turned a light blue color.

"Michael Stevens, Celina Blue, Liam Pale, Sofia Jone-" I zoned out about halfway through, just staring at my screen as the list got longer and the words got smaller. There were people sleeping already and it made me feel a sense of dread. If I died, most people in here would probably be too zoned out or asleep to listen to me be called.

I looked at Harry, his seat was lowered a small amount back, so that he was slightly laying down, and he was staring intently at Eleanor as she listed off the names. "You okay?" I asked, and his attention turned to me. He nodded. "Yeah, just a little shaken up still." I nodded.

"Thank you all for listening, you may go to sleep now. Round two starts at twelve tomorrow afternoon."

Her heels tapped as she walked off the stage and I kept my attention at Harry. "That's so soon.." Harry whimpered, and I saw his eyes glass up a little. "Don't cry. It's fine. We'll get through it together, okay?" I said, trying to make him feel better. It seemed to help a little bit, and he nodded at that, but I can still tell how scared he was.

I sighed sadly. "Want to cuddle again?" I asked, hoping it'll make him feel better. He nodded frantically and immediately moved over so that he was on the same chair as me, our legs resting over the arm rest and on his chair. His head dug into my side and I wrapped my arm around him, just like I did yesterday.

I fell asleep feeling nervous for tomorrow, but somehow safe enough next to Harry to actually fall asleep.

WORD COUNT : 1259

I'm sorry it took a while to update, but I have four stories to keep up to date. I'll try updating this one more frequently, I promise. Comment your thoughts please! I want to know what you guys think about this chapter. :)