Chapter Seven

All rights reserved. No copying, stealing the plot, or any variations. 

  "Hey Alia."

  I looked up from my position on the stairwell. "Hey Louis."

  He took up a seat next to me and said, "How's it been going? You haven't spoken to Harry for a few days now."

  "I know, I never used to speak to him so... yea."

  He looked at the side of my face for a long moment then admitted,

  "I think you're acting."

  "I beg your pardon."

  "Harry says you're funny and goofy. He says you tell lame jokes that make people laugh anyway. You're awkward and shy. To me that sounds like a completely different person. to me you seem outspoken, independent, strong and really bold. Harry disagrees though."

  A lump rose in my throat as I registered his words. "I think Harry's talking about someone else."

  "Do you know any other Alia in town? I sure as hell don't."

  I rolled my eyes and kept quiet. What must I say? 'Yea I'm actually really awkward and weird. I laugh at my own jokes when no one else does and get nervous easily.'? Tell him that everything I ever do or say is an act? He'll hate me.

  "Alia, I won't hate you if you tell me the truth." I looked at Louis and frowned. It was as if he read my thoughts. "Who are you? Really. The real you. I want to know. I want to know the real you, Alia."

  I gulped and took a few deep breaths. "This is me. I'm a bitch, okay? I only date popular people and jocks and I only hang out with the pretty girls, okay? I'm confident and strong. I'm a bitch, the head of bitches. That's me. This is me."

  I looked down as I lied through my teeth. "You're also a horrid actress."

  "Stop Louis."

  "Tell me."

  "Tell you what?"

  "About the real you, I'd love to get to know her. She's probably great."

  I shrugged. "She sucks."

  "So you are acting?" He raised an eyebrow, I was caught and we both knew it. "I've caught you out, might as well tell the truth babe."

  I sighed. "As long as you promise not to tell anyone."

  "I won't. I promise," he said putting a hand on my back, comforting me. "I'm weird. I'm awkward and embarrass myself in front of the girls. I was the biggest nerd in my last school. In primary school I was the biggest dork. I was bullied for being smart. I wanted to change so I started acting like this. It just seemed easier. Less pain."

  He nodded, understanding me.

  "The real me is completely the opposite of what you see. I like telling jokes but always get the punch line wrong. I'm a dork in every sense of the word. I hate tight clothes and I would wear sweats every day if I could."

  "You were special and you traded it in for popularity?"

  I nodded, feeling ashamed. "You were amazing. You were Harry's ideal girl to be honest. You were every guy's ideal girl. You were perfect. You were different and special. You let it all go for this? Are you even happy?"

  I looked up into his crystal blue eyes and shook my head. Tears were threatening to fall and i just prayed that they wouldn't.

"Then go back. Change."