chapter 21 birthday

Serena's POV

I woke up to something tickling my face. I opened my eyes and saw Sam looking directly at me while a ribbon from a balloon tickled my nose.An extremely large grin was plastered onto Sam's face when he realized i was awake. 

"Happy Birthday" was all he said before he started jumping around my room blasting the happy birthday song singing along. 

i giggled, amused by how foolish he looked. i turned the music off and saw his smile drop.

"i didn't get to finish my dance" he said pouting like a two year old. 

" were finally 18!" i yelled.  turning the music back on and dancing around with him. I guess as twins that is one of the things we have in common, being idiots.

Our birthday landed on a Saturday so i could just stay home and celebrate with the friends that i don't have. I didn't really put that much effort into making friend here in California, unless you count Kian. I would tell him to hang out with me today but i know he is hiding something. He would most likely want to hang out with Sam anyway.

The song had finally ended and Sam and i had sprinted downstairs for an amazing birthday dinner. Instead of that breakfast we were greeted by a note on the counter. 

Dear Sam and Serena,

Happy birthday! I'm so sorry i couldn't be there to say it in person. I got an earlier shift and i had to leave immediately. i promise i will give you your presents when i come home.

xoxo,

Mom <3

since our mom wasn't home I decided to make us birthday breakfast. I scrambled some eggs and flipped some pancakes while Sam sat on the couch like a lazy bum and watched Sponge Bob like he was 2. I brought his breakfast to the couch and we sat there and just talked about our plans for the day. I was obviously going to stay home.

Its now 9 pm and Sam went out with the friends he actually has. I got birthday texts from my friends in Australia but its not the same. My dad hasn't even called me yet, isn't he the best. Not only did he not call me for my birthday but he hasn't called period. I understand that his wife doesn't like me but im still his daughter and he cant do that.

Every time I try to call him I get the same thing, voicemail. I got the sudden urge that something wasn't right. I felt like someone was watching me.

I turned around and their was a black shadowy figure standing right in front of me

Kian?