Chapter 9

Skylin's POV

It's been about a week since Emma has left, and I'm still pretty bummed.

Especially because school starts Monday, and I'm defiantly not ready to face the kids at school without my best friend.

All this week I've been moping around, lazily riding Domi and visiting Alex. The show season is basically over for me since my main focus now has to be on school.
Which is another reason I hate school so much, it takes away my time with Domi and the horses.

Right now I'm currently staring at the ceiling listening to music. Everything really has been a blur this week.

********************

Sunday night.

I'm sitting out in the pasture that Alex and Domi are currently grazing peacefully in.

The nighttime air is cool and crisp, the last night of my summer vacation. The stars twinkling as I doodle on my sketch pad.

Since school starts tomorrow, mom isn't going to let me stay out to late. It sucks, and I'm over everything right now.

Suddenly Domi starts walking over to me and gently nuzzles my hair before nuzzling my cheek and face. I laugh slightly and pet him.

"Oh Domi, I couldn't live without you boy." I say and kiss his forehead.

He nickers softly in reply.

Soon I close my eyes and think about what happen this summer. It's a bittersweet moment, and I'm quick to get up.

"Alright guys, I gotta go now. I'll see you two handsome boys in the morning." I kiss Domi, wave to Alex before exiting the pasture and making the small trek home.

"Mom?" I call as I walk in the front door.

No reply.

"Mom?" I say again and set my drawing supplies on the table.

"Huh? Sky? In the living room hon."

I head into the living room and smile. "What're you doing mom?"

She looks up from her book and smiles back. "Reading my new book. You know you have to go to sleep soon right?" She raises her eyebrow and I sigh.

"Yes mom I know."

"Alright, well I just wanted to make sure. I won't stand for you keeping up your bad sleeping habits."

We laugh and I go upstairs.

Once upstairs I get ready for bed, and lay down. I'm truly exhausted and I honestly have no idea why.

Maybe it's from thinking so much, maybe it's because I'm stressed about school, maybe it's just because I'm me.

Whatever the reason, I quickly fall asleep.
With school starting in the morning,

**************************

Look I'm not dead!!!!
Hahaha......... This update is extremely overdue. 😳

I've been meaning to update this sooner but I didn't have any inspiration to write.

But I'm back now!!!
Hopefully....

I'm really serious about getting more frequent updates on this story though.

More regular updates are on my newest poem book thing.
You guys should check it out!! It's called Poems for the Broken. ;)

Anyway, I'll hopefully see you all soon.

Poptart out! 💙