40. Movie Disaster

Sorry guys for not updating I have had writers block so this will probably suck
Mack's POV
I wake up to the sound of Madison crying. All of the memories of yesterday come flooding back. It's amazing what can happen in one day. The person that can make you the happiest can also bring your world crashing down. But that was yesterday. Today is a new day. I'm determined to not let this bother me. I finally get out of bed and walk downstairs. I see how tired my mom looks as she tries to calm Madison. "I got it" I tell her as I take her from her arms. "Are you sure?" "Yeah go get ready" I assure her. I take Madi to the kitchen to find some baby food. I really hope that she's hungry and doesn't need a diaper change.
Lilly walks downstairs and gives me a hug. "What's that for?" I raise an eyebrow and take another bite of my bagel. "I heard about you and Peyton" she says shyly. "Yeah well I'm fine, I'm an independent woman" I say and she laughs. "Maybe that's for the best. Everything happens for a reason." "Okay Dr. Phil" I laugh at her. "I'm just saying" she tells me as she leaves for work.
When I'm home alone I start working on my online school. After that's done I have absolutely nothing to do. We're done filming for awhile. I decide to call Rowan and Sabrina. I call Rowan first. "Hey Row." "What's up Mack?" "Literally nothing, that's why I called" I say as I collapse onto my couch. "Do you want to go see a movie?" She suggests. "Yeah that sounds great, I'll invite Sabrina." "Okay cool, are you bringing Peyton?" She asks. "Actually, we broke up." "Wait, really. When?" She questions. "Yesterday." "Mack I'm so sorry, are you okay?" "Yeah, it was for the best." I'm not ready to talk about the whole cheating situation. "Okay well I'm here for you just know that and I'll text you with details about the movie." "Sounds good and thank you." I think I'm a very convincing happy person. I call Sabrina and she's coming to hang out too. This is good, it'll get my mind off things.
I think there's one person I've been avoiding that I need to talk to. I walk over to my lovely neighbor's house and knock on the door. Ross opens the door. "Mack" he says surprised. "Hi" I say. "Come in" he gestures towards inside. I sit down in the familiar bean bag chair. "We broke up" I say abruptly. "What?" He asks turning to look at me. "Because of me?" "Well, it was at first. He was trying to tell me I couldn't be your friend and date him too. But then I found out he was cheating on me with that one girl. So he had been lying to me the whole time. Jokes on me I guess" I tell him and by this point tears were streaming down my face. Ross comes over and wipes my eyes. "Don't cry. You're going to find that guy that treats you like the queen you are" he tells me. I give him a long hug. "Thank you. For everything. You always put up with me" I say wiping the rest of the tears off my face. "There's no one else I'd rather put up with." "Wow so smooth." Ross laughs at himself. "How about we get some ice cream?" He asks. He knows me well. Whenever I'm sad I like to eat, a lot. He goes to his fridge and grabs a huge tub of chocolate ice cream, whipped cream, and two spoons. So we sit there in his room eating as much ice cream as we can. Ross is reminding me of dumb things we've done and I can't help but laugh even though I don't feel like it. Having a best friend is truly an amazing thing.
An hour later it's time for me to go meet Rowan and Sabrina. I reluctantly say goodbye to Ross. "It's good you're going out with your friends. It'll take your mind off things" he says as I walk out the door.
As soon as Rowan and Sabrina see me they run up to me and hug me. "There's my girl" Rowan says not letting go of me. "Really guys, I'm fine. Peyton and I just weren't a good match" I lie. They look at me and they can tell I don't mean that. But they give it up and we walk in.
We walk into the movie theater and you'll never believe who was sitting in there. Peyton and his friends. Sabrina turns to me "Do you want to leave?" I shake my head no "Just ignore them." They don't notice us at first. But as were walking up the stairs to get a seat one of his friends sees me. He hits Peyton on the back and gestures towards me. This is just great. Peyton looks like he can't decide what to do. He gets up and tries to come over to me. "Please go away" I say quietly but firmly. I know if I let him try to talk to me I'll just fall right back into his trap. "Mack I love you, please talk to me" he whispers just so I can hear. It takes every ounce of strength in me to mutter "no." Rowan stops walking up the steps. "Why don't you talk to him? You guys are meant to be." Of course she says that, she doesn't know what happened. "You don't understand" I tell her giving her a look. "Just think about talking to me and if you want to after the movie is over, I'll be outside" he tells me and returns to his friends. Well I guess I won't be paying attention to the movie.
Well well well.
This should be interesting.
My birthday is on Saturday guys 👑👑👑.