chapter 1: post apocalypse :invited to the sleepover

Me – jaden wake up its time for school! I screamed loudly on purpose.
It was 5am and school started at 7 , adding the fact it was cathlic if we were late we were punished. ' ping' my iPhone went off reminding me the memo of no school for college school children. I released a long breath of relief, I hated cathlic school , the teachers and not to mention the stuck up rich american and British kids.

' The only way you got into eudor pulk  cathlic school was your brain and the only way your brother got in is because of his lacrosse skills'.

I began thinking that was true and it is I did have an average of 84·60 and jaden has won MVP eight times in the last two years and he is in the Guinness world book of records for youngest lacrosse champion.

But those words were hurtful. I managed to have one friend in the 3yrs I attended criminology  cathlic college . Her name is tanya. But don't read me wrong her daddy is rich too, we met in chemistry class and from there we clicked.

She even introduced me to the whole lacrosse team trying to hook me up with a boyfriend but that didn't work out. Once the chemistry teacher realized that I didn't cheat on his test he recommended me to tutor some second year college students there I made friends with a boy named Carlisle I even think I like him. I was one year away from graduating first year at college but according to their standards a 15yr old can't graduate from the first year of college so they held me back a year.

Because of my training in Chicago I was able to leave school at 2pm instead of 4 like the rest of my school. Unlike my brother and i the rest of the students at my school have dorms, but I live with my aunt gabriella and my dad. My dad is currently deployed in Iraq and my aunt was a medical examiner so usually I was left alone in the 14 bedroom mansion.

I walked into the kitchen to make j's breakfast and realized that dishes were still in the zink.' That's weird 'I said to myself as I began to wash the dirty dishes. Usually Gabriella washes the dishes when she returns from work.

I brushed it off as nothing .'She is an M E ' I said to myself , placing the eggos into the microwave. I took out my phone and called tanya and quinn on a three way call.

Tanya- hey myke

Quinn-hey

Me-   hey guys still up for the sleepover?

Tanya- yh but I must walk with my brat of a brother or I can't come at all. You don't mind right?

Me- no jaden is going to be bored anyway if orhyle didn't come. Quinn you?

Quinn-yh I'll be there

Tanya- myke can shaquan come?

Me-shaquan who? Tall , brown ,curly hair? Captain of the lacrosse team ? Tutored him in chemistry? In the same class as carlisle?

Tanya-yh

Me -doesn't ring a bell!!

Tanya-please !?!?

Me-fine. But the last time shaquan and quinn were in the same room they broke $4,000.00 worth of glassware and I was grounded for four months. So you better bring your dad's cheque book

Tanya- what ever myke.

Me-bye guys

Quinn and Tanya-bye

I hang up my phone and counted down with the microwave. Beep! beep! The microwave finished and I took out jaden's eggos .

Jaden ran down the stairs and almost tripped. 'Be careful' I said as he straightened up and began to run again.
He walked into the dining room and his eyes widened.

"Eggoossss" he said in his usual baby voice, while dragging out his words.
"Yes. Go and eat in the dining room"I said.

Ping!ping! My iPhone went off again but this time from a text. It read:

'can't come home today or tomorrow trying to quarantine a virus -love gabriella'.

Gabriella never got to the point in her text and always completed her sentences.' Is there something wrong?' I couldn't help myself and negative thoughts filled my mind fast.

I walked into living room forgetting about the incident. I sat on the chair and pulled jaden's hot red fire truck from under me. I took out my phone and saw that I had missed a few messages. All from carlisle.

'Hey 'I replied. 'Aren't you at school?' I asked confused.

Carlisle-yh u miss me

Me-no do you miss me?

Carlisle- of course I miss u myke . u still having the sleep over ?

Me -yh u still comin?

Carlisle-yh . got to go ms. Dansinblurgue is roaming the corridors. See you at the sleepover. Bye

Me-bye.

As I turned on the TV the sound of a bus horn beeping frightened me.

'jaden !! The bus is here!!' I said screaming at the top of my lungs. I checked the time and realized that the bus was late.(for jaden)
I looked at my phone and saw that the time was 7:23. Our school started a 7am and ended at 4pm.