chapter 9 :carlisle? who to fear the living or the dead??

Shaquan walked into the room with the rest of the group following him. Every thing seemed to be moving in slow motion .

We all separated into small groups , shaquan and thobert, Tanya and I and the lone soldier , dashaun. As Quinn stayed behind to watch the boys.

We all looked around with our eyes wide, confused.

The nurses bed was empty. Carlisle was no where in sight. I began to breathe hard, panting. Confused.

Where's carlisle? I asked to myself .

Then that scent, that horrible scent, the same scent I had just encountered not too long ago in the cafeteria.

That scent of rottening meat. I looked down to see blood , but not in splatter or footprints but in drops. But the weirdest thing was that the drops were smudged.

It appeared that something or someone had deliberately walk through it.

Then all of a sudden I heard this overwhelming, heart shaking growl. And as we looked down the blood puddles had seem to become larger.

Tanya looked at me with her eyes wide, usually I'm the one to look at her for reassurance , but all I saw was fear .

We walked slowly for a couple of seconds -which felt like endless minutes- to where the growl had seem to be originating.

We scanned around the room for weapons of any sort, tanya picked up a lamp and I picked up a small wooden chair .

Tanya turned around to ensure that we were literally watching each others backs.

We rotated slowly, hoping to find Carlisle, hopefully alive.

The growl got louder my desperation for finding Carlisle grew. We approached the private male bathroom , and I slightly pushed the door open as tanya left from my back and joined the opposite side of the door , tanya stepped into the stall slowly ,and I heard her let go a small breath, then she whispered ...... "clear".

We aligned in the same position at the next stall. This time I led ......... my heart dropped for the second time that day.

The bathroom was covered in blood , Carlisle sat at the side unconscious, his hand over his wound. I moved away his hand slowly to reveal that he had ripped his stitches , my blood ran cold.

The reality hit me ......... why would Carlisle move? Was something or someone chasing after him? Questions fluttered my mind. Then suddenly my flash light went dead.

"Tanya? " I called out.
"Right her...... mmmhmmhhmmh" tanya responded as she screamed and kicked for her life.

I held Carlisle closer and tried to scream before I lost consciousness.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$#$##$$$$$#########$
Like share comment follow first time author