Chapter 6: The Promise

Thank you so much for reading and getting me to 1.6k guys! Also, Chrystals outfit for the ball is in the external link! I really appreciate it, here's the next chapter I hope you like it! Tell me what you think? xx 

~~~~

Glam City.

Yes, Glam City is what my house is right now.  My mom invited everyone, and when I say everyone, I mean everyone over to our house to receive manicures, pedicures, and spa treatments so they look top notch for this evening.  Trust me, if I wasn’t forced to be here, I’d probably be studying for a test or something in the library.  Maybe I could sneak out and never come back again!  No, they’d probably notice.  Mekenna is here so I don’t want to leave her be by herself even though she’s getting everything possibly done to her face right now. 

“Come on Chrystal just sit down darling.”  My mom pats the seat in front of Dominique, her personal stylist that was here just for my mom and me.  I shake my head no and cross my arms together because there’s no way in hell I’m letting her touch my face.

“Come on baby doll, I won’t do much I promise!”  She sounds so convincing that I have to sit down.  First she starts with my hair but she turns me away from the mirror because she’s starting to notice that I won’t stop looking at it. 

“I’m sorry for being so crappy; I just really don’t like getting anything done.”  Dominique laughs at my comment.

“Don’t worry child, your mom can be a bit pushy, but she’s a great woman and only wants the best for you.”  I agree with what she has to say, but sometimes she’s too pushy.

After two hours of pain in my back from sitting in that horrid chair and almost falling asleep numerous times Dominique finally turns my chair around and I can’t believe that it’s me I’m staring at in the mirror.  “Wow.”  I hear someone say behind me.  I turn around to see Mekenna and my mom smiling so wide.  I can’t help but smile back too.  I say thank you to Dominique and run up to my room to put on my dress. 

“Girl, the guys will be flipping their shit because like they didn’t ask you to the ball tonight.  You look super-hot mama.”  Mekenna is also in my room putting on her dress and she just can’t help but keep complimenting me so I compliment her back. 

Mekenna and I take each others hands and waltz down the hallway.  We reach the top of the stairs and walk down, and I swear I felt like I was in a movie with all the flashing cameras.  My mom starts tearing up a little so my dad pats her back and whispers something in her ear.  I’m not sure what, but it sure did stop her from continuing. 

“My baby has grown up so fast.”  My dad says before he bear hugs me and kisses my head.  I smile at the both of them.  Even though I don’t like dressing up, I’m really happy I did tonight because everyone is really excited to see me for once. 

We all make our way out to our different limos and rides.  Mekenna and I got our own limo because my mom said we deserved it for all our hard work so far this school year, and I totally don’t disagree because I’ve been working my ass off.  Mekenna can’t stop touching everything in the limo so I literally have to hold her hands the whole way there to make sure she doesn’t break anything.  My family might be rich, but we don’t like wasting money on something that we don’t need to spend money on.  When we arrive sure enough paparazzi is there.  I know they’re all here for my mom because she’s releasing a new line soon, and she’s been working with different famous people and movies.  Just as we get out of our limo everyone starts taking pictures of the two of us.  I can’t help but try to hide my face behind Mekenna’s head.  She doesn’t mind the whole paparazzi thing because she’s posing for them.  I can’t hide anymore so I just push her to go as fast as she can inside.