-11-

Luke's POV

Mumbling quietly, my mind began to brighten and my eyes flickered open to a dull room. There was some dark spots, but I was mostly blinded by the sunshine streaming in through the window. I guess I forgot to close the curtains last night.

Since I was still half asleep I hadn't even realised my head was leaning on something, which I discovered when I glanced up was a particular person with a curly mop of hair. My head was leaning on Ashton's shoulder. I fell asleep on him. Wow.

I tried to be careful not to wake Ashton as I lifted my head up off his shoulder, and though I didn't he started stirring when I walked over to the mirror to check my hair. I'd just finished fixing it when I noticed his reflection in the mirror and saw his eyes open. He yawned and stretched just as I turned around to face him which lifted his shirt up slightly, exposing some of his skin. It wasn't much, but it was enough to make my throat go dry.

"Good morning." I croaked out.

"Good morning." He replied whilst rubbing his eyes. "How did you sleep?" He stood up and brushed himself down, looking down but then up at me as he waited for a reply.

"Er f-fine, thanks. How about you?"

"It was good. It was pretty comfortable for a floor." He laughed slightly and I joined him with more of a nervous giggle than anything genuine.

I felt a lump growing in my throat but I quickly swallowed it and scratched the back of my neck. "Um, do you remember what happened last night?"

Ashton plainly nodded, then his eyes widened as he realised I was waiting for an answer. "Oh, well I just got into bed... on the sofa, and I heard some noises coming from here so I came in and you were moving about in bed and mumbling stuff. It seemed like you were having some kind of nightmare or something." He paused, then carried on. "I didn't know what to do but I was worried you were going to hurt yourself so I woke you up. Once you were awake you said you wouldn't be able to get back to sleep again, and because I was the one who woke you up in the first place I said I'd stay awake with you. We must've just fallen asleep on the floor."

As he finished his sentence I let out the breath I was holding in and let my body loosen. I was worried something had happened last night, which I know is pretty stupid considering I'd only just met Ashton, only just moved into his house and we were both on the floor, but that's my brain for you. It thinks the craziest things even when there's no logical explanation for any of them.

"Okay... well thanks, you know, for protecting me from myself and all that."

"No problem. I'll admit, it was pretty freaky last night but I'm glad you're okay."

My eyes suddenly widened and I froze on the spot. "You think I'm freaky?"

"No, no that's not what I said. I said whatever happened last night was freaky, the whole nightmare thing, but not you."

"I'm the one whose having the nightmares." I clenched my fists at my side as I fought back the tears that were quite clearly welling up in my eyes.

"Nightmares? So you mean, you've had them before?" I furiously shook my head but I knew it wasn't true, and I'm pretty sure Ashton did too. Even though it was a pretty awkward question I took the time to calm down, and that was when Ashton decided to come over to me. "I'm sorry I upset you." He said as I took a deep breath and composed myself. "Let's go get some breakfast."

I relaxed as I felt his hand on my back, and I looked up at him with an innocent look on my face. "Can I have a cup of coffee?"

He immediately smiled. "You can have anything you want."

•••

I've started writing a new Cake fanfic called 'Tattoos', and it would mean a lot if you could check it out (:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/25778620-tattoos