Cookie (An Akatsuki Fanfic)

"Senpai SEN~PAI~!! WAIT FOR TOBI-KUN, SENPAI!!!" A childlike voice called out into the woods. A tall black haired man was seen afterwards, face adorned with a strange orange mask, as he chased after a smaller framed blonde haired boy with stunning blue hues. Both wore black cloaks decorated with red clouds.

The blonde only gained an anger tick upon his forehead as he marched forward, trying not to hit the annoying blob of happiness. Really, why him of all the people that could have been chosen to be stuck with the manchild? He didn't really know but if one more word came out of his mouth...one more word...he'd blow him up!

"SEN-" Both men immediately paused at the sound of a rustle in a near by bush. The blonde narrowed his eyes as he held a hand up to his hyperactive partner. There was no wind...meaning a life-form made that sound.

But...

He sensed no chakra. Even if this is not a human, no animals should be this close to the base. The only thing alive that should be at this point are plants and thats's only because a certain half-plant man protested against otherwise.

The blonde cautiously made his way over before quickly spreading the bushes apart. The man child had followed him there and they both froze in shock.

Well...

This was...

Unexpected.

Sitting there was a small girl about the age of six with long blue, black, purple, and pink hair. She was dressed in a strange hat that resembled that of a Joker and wore an oversized jacket to just above her knees. The rest of her legs were covered by blue and black stripped knee-highs and she wore no shoes.

She was weird....

But also strangely cute.

She looked up at them with big, purple eyes and smiled before whispering. "Cookie."

Furrowing his eyebrows at the young girl, he was just about to ask what she had meant by cookie when an orange blob, also known as Tobi, flashed in front of him.

"Aw!! Little girl-chan is sooo cute!! Don't you think Senpai?!" He squealed spinning the giggling girl around. The blonde ignored the two for a small while, scouring the surrounding forest for any other relatives. Why would a girl be in a forest by herself? And a small child, too.

"Tobi, put the girl down, un!" The blonde suddenly ordered making the man child pause in his movements. He hadn't released the girl but his 'senpai' was currently pointing a kunai at the girl.

The strange girl only blinked owlishly at him before continuing to play with the swirls of Tobi's mask.

The unknown blonde's eyes turned into angry white saucers as he pointed at the child.

"Hey! Don't ignore me when I'm threatening your life, un!!!"

Giggling, she smiled and nodded. "Cookie." It sounded like an 'ok' should be there instead .

"Is that all she can say, un?" He murmured to himself, dismissing the fact that her laugh had to be the cutest thing he ever heard in his lifetime.

Tobi, however, didn't.

"Deidara-senpai!!! Isn't she just the cutest!! Tobi wants to keep her!!"

The blonde, now dubbed Deidara, growled.

"SHUT UP, TOBI!! We can't bring her with us! Leader-sama would kill her...and us!" He added as an afterthought. "Besides, where would she fit in with the Akatuki?? She's a kid and we're criminals, un."

Tobi paused before he began wailing loudly. His arms flailed to the side and would've dropped the small girl had it not been for the fact that her legs were wrapped around his waist.

Deidara was about ready to yell at the idiot for treating the small girl so carelessly and crying so loudly when the actions of the girl froze his form again.

She had wrapped her small arms around Tobi's head and began to soothingly pet his head.

"Cookie...cookie..." The words 'there, there' came into mind as Tobi stopped crying and looked at her so they were eye level. Grabbing his face, she tilted her head, a worried look taking over her face.

"Cookie cookie?" She asked while staring unflinchingly into the black haired man's eye hole. He slowly nodded before replying to her.

"Y-yes. Tobi is all better now Little Girl-chan. Tobi thanks you!" He sings as she claps her hands happily.

The blonde watches, intrigued with this little girl, all on her own, and seeming to understand the words that they speak. Suddenly, he remembers the scope that he has, one that he could use to check out the strange girl.

"Hey, Tobi. Pass her over for a second, un." The male immediately stopped giggling with the girl and held her possessively.

"NOO!!" He said in defiance as the blonde grew another tick upon his head. Why is this guy so annoying?

"Tobi! Give her to me, dammit! Un!" The little girl squeaked as Deidara began to pull her from Tobi's arms. Of course, the man child is a stubborn mule, so he pulled right back. And thus broke out a tug-o-war festival between the two, the little girl laughing all the while.

Finally, once the blonde had kicked the other idiot away, he looked at the girl in his arms. The scope wasn't picking up on anything, which is strange because every human should have some sort of energy source reading from them. He frowned as he looked at the the girl normally again.

She was warm in his arms, something that made him want to cuddle her, but what's most is her face. She was currently staring up at him with those large orbs and charming smile.

Was she really just a kid?

She was definitely strange and for some very odd reason, he felt determined to find out what was wrong with her.

"-PAI! Senpai!! Deidara -sen-" Deidara bonked the idiot over the head with his left arm as his right held the girl to his side. The man whimpered and slid to the ground, cradling his new injury.

"Tobi was just wondering why senpai spaced out all of a sudden! Wahhh!"

The blonde sighed in exasperation, having already been forced to deal with this for two whole days, he just wanted to reach the base that was less than twenty feet away so he can escape this annoying prick.

"I was just thinking of how we should hurry back to the base-" He began before Tobi interrupted him, no doubt to object about leaving his 'little girl-chan' behind.

"But-!!" Tobi started when Deidara glared at him and continued, shifting the curiously staring girl in his arms.

"-with the girl."