City of Blood

The worst thing is watching someone drown and not being able to convince them that they can save themselves by just standing up. - unknown.

Thea-

Mom was dead.

I got that, I understood that. Hell, I was even starting to deal with it.
But I needed my brother.

I knew the funeral was going to be tough for both of us, but I didn't expect him to never show up. It was hard to grieve, hard to say goodbye to my mother when I couldn't cool the fire coursing through my veins.

Ollie's empty seat beside me made me realise just how alone I really was in this.

My hand clamped tight around the pink flower in my hand so tight I was certain it would snap. I almost smirked when I thought of the flowers, mom would've complained, (she would've wanted lilies, these flowers were cheap,) until I remembered the other grieving people around me.

What would they have thought?

Probably wouldn't have been surprised- Thea queen, train wreck daughter.

The reception was just as bad. Maybe worse. I smiled and nodded as people gave me their condolences, the same way I'd done when we 'buried' my dad and Ollie. Two empty boxes in the ground.

I grabbed a drink from one of the trays being handed around, nobody stopped me, they wouldn't dare, and I leaned back against one of the walls, watching the people.

Oliver's friends were here, his bodyguard and his blonde IT girl. It was clear they were here for him not my mom. I wondered what they thought of him not turning up.

I didn't know either of them very well but both seemed friendly with my brother. More than friendly in the case of Oliver and felicity. Maybe he'd finally moved away from the regular sluts.

I kept my eyes on them as Felicity started to cry, again, not for my mom. She and my mom hated each other equally.

Laurel stood in the corner, talking to 'mayor' Sebastian blood (a position he'd only got because his only opponent was dead) who'd only spoken to me a few minutes ago, offered me his condolences and wanted to know where Oliver was. I'd practically snorted, as if I knew. Laurel was eyeing the drink in his hand.

I swallowed back mine and disappeared into the sea of people.

Felicity-

'You are crying for Oliver.'

John had no idea how right he was.

I sighed, "where is he? How could he not be here?"

"I don't know."

I jumped as Isabel Rochev came into view, her not being dead was VERY bad!

Almost instinctively John took a step in front of me and I frowned, honestly people stepping in front of me all the time was getting irritating.

"If Oliver's smart he ran back to his island to hide. But maybe he'll attend your funerals." She smirked and my heart stopped beating.

~~~~~~~

Laurel-

"No one has seen Slade Wilson since the night of the attack.
I mean, he hasn't made any further threats on the Queen family, but we got to find this son of a-- Excuse me." My dad stopped talking when he spotted me and walked over.

"Hey."

"Missed you at the reception." I told him.

"I had to get back here, see what was happening with the case." He muttered.