Drowning

Oliver-

It was horrible feeling helpless. We were simply waiting for something to happen.

I could've easily fired an arrow, it would've pierced through the glass windows like butter and, if I was lucky, I might've hit one of the men. But if I was unlucky- I could've killed an innocent.

Roy was pacing back and forth across the roof, the same thing I wanted to be doing right now, but I remembered what Dig had said about me keeping my head.

I tossed Roy a pair of night vision binoculars from the bag I'd bought with me and he came and stood to my right, trying to get a good view through one of the windows.

These people weren't dumb, they'd covered the windows so- besides from a few gaps where we could see the occasional hostage- we had no line of sight.

Neither did the snipers positioned across the other roofs.

"Oh god." Diggle let out.

"What is it?" I asked, imagining the worst

"It's Thea and Felicity! Something bad is happening, man. I've sent the security feed to the tablet."

Roy grabbed the tablet from the bag before I could.

The video showed two of the men (Jacob Henry and Matthew Smith) grabbing Thea and felicity tight to their chests and dragging them out the door.

Felicity's eyes lifted  up to the camera and I know what she was saying.

She was asking me to help. Asking me to save them.

I couldn't watch anymore, not without doing something stupid, so I lay down on my stomach at the edge of the roof with the binoculars, staring down at the exit of the building as Jacob and Matthew half drag Thea and Felicity in front of them as human shields, guns pressed to their heads.

"Roy. They're coming out!"

Felicity-

We were both pushed out into the freezing night air, the cold metal of the gun pressed to my temple.

"Hold your fire! Hold your fire!" Detective Lance yelled to the entire swat team that had their guns pointed in our direction.

"Ok," the man who had me boomed, "two of our men are still in that building. You let us leave here now, no tail, no tracking, or I give the message and they start killing hostages!"

No one said anything but somehow everyone agreed and no one tried to stop him.

Thea and I were shoved into the front of the car, me in the drivers seat, whilst one of the men, the one who had made the threat climbed in the back, the other man starting to climb in after him before a green arrow flew through the air, closely followed by a red one, and both struck him in the chest.

I grimaced at the sight of the blood.

The man slammed the door before another arrow could get too close.

He pressed a large gun to the back of my head.

"Drive!"

Oliver-

Roy and I both drew back our arrows, waiting for a clear shot before letting them fly.

Both arrows struck home in the chest of the nearest man and his body hit the floor.

The car sped away and I ran to the fire escape at the edge of the roof, waiting for Roy to catch me up.

He ran down the steps 4 at a time whilst I grabbed hold of the railing and swung down to the platform beneath, then the one after and the one after that.