11 : [ Conversations with Vampires ]

---

Better beware I go bump in the night

---

"You're late," The teacher glared at me as I stepped into the classroom full of vampires as calmly as I could.

Without uttering a word, I returned the glare at him. At least he could give me a bit of sympathy since I'm a new student and also because I had to jump across tree branches to find a shortcut to class.

He turned to the vampires, ignoring my glare, "Class, this is the new student," Then, he looked at me, "Please introduce yourself."

"My name is Keiko Kaneki," My unamused eyes drifted across various students around the room, "Nice to meet you."

As the whispering began again, the teacher cleared his throat, "Now, I've been told that Keiko-san is here under special circumstances. Kuran-san, can you please explain to the class."

Cautiously, I watched as Kaname stood up from his seat and walked to the front of the class gracefully.

"Keiko, unlike the rest of us, is not a vampire. She is what is known as a ghoul."

"Part ghoul," I corrected him and he glanced at me briefly.

"Ghouls are creatures that feed on human flesh and can also devour their own kind. They can only consume those things and coffee and water, which is the reason why she was transferred to the Night Class," His explanation turned the attention of the class even more to me.

Out of the corner of my eye, I caught a random vampire's lips twitch briefly into a smirk before he asked loudly, "Then doesn't that make her a cannibalistic zombie?"

"Just as much as it makes you a bloodsucking mosquito," Scowling, I snapped back at him and he didn't reply.

-Take that, mosquito.-

"Keiko-san, please take a seat now," The teacher instructed.

Taking a glance around the room once more, I decided to sit in the far back, nearby a familiar maroon-haired vampire with light blue eyes.

"Since we have our first ghoul in this school, today's lesson is coincidentally going to be about ghouls," Smiling, the teacher added, which made me groan inwardly in irritation.

"Kuran-san had already explained the ghoul's diet. When a ghoul cannibalizes repeatedly, they become a kakuja. In addition, when a ghoul tries to eat human food, they will immediately feel a powerful urge to vomit and eating human food can degrade their physical condition. Ghouls are also capable of going up to two months without eating their normal diet of human flesh, but when they do starve themselves, they'll lose all reason and go insane."

The teacher's last sentence made most of the vampires' eyes turn to me and I simply rolled my eyes.

-It's not like vampires don't do that either when they're thirsty.-

"One-eyed ghouls, which is what Keiko-san is, are human-ghoul hybrids, but they are usually very rare.The bodies of Ghouls are also physically very strong and can be up to seven times stronger than a human, capable of sending a human flying with a single, powerful strike and penetrating a body with their bare hands. Ghouls' regeneration capabilities are also very high. Fractures and minor wounds can heal immediately. Toughness is also another thing their bodies have. If you try to stab them with a knife, the knife would snap in half," The teacher turned to me, "Keiko-san, care to demonstrate?"