Heart broken

Raph

The days and weeks and months flew by, And still Skye had ignored me. Night Hunter has been a good friend, and I've seen her a few times. But Skye has just....been shutting me out. I jumped to her window and knocked softly. No answer. I knocked louder, and she pulled apart the curtains. Her grin faded as she saw me. Her eyes were red, and she looked like she hadn't slept in weeks. She groaned and pulled them shut. I knocked again. "S-Skye?

 She finally opened the window. "What do you want?" She folded her arms. I sighed, and looked down, fighting the tears that threatened to come. "S-Skye...I-I dont want...." I growled softly. Her gaze softened. "Want what?" I whimpered and pulled her into a hug. "I dont want to lose the best friend I have." She sighed, and hugged back. 

"Raph.....I know your sorry...but I just can't forgive you right now.." She looked away. I felt my heart shatter. "What is wrong with you?!" I shouted. She turned away. "You used to be the one who was there for me! Someone I trusted! Someone who was there to help me!" 

I let the tears fall down my cheeks. "Someone to........" I looked down. Skye was crying her self. "Raph, I'm sorry, but-" "There! You said it!" I growled. "Your sorry. But for what?!" She looked away. "Raph...." I stopped her. "No! Stop! I dont want to hear it! You hate me, and that's all I need to know!" 

Skye

I watched as Raph, my one and only best friend yell at me with tears running down his face. Then he turned. "I thought we would be friend forever. That's what we promised each other. But I guess nothing lasts forever....." He said quietly, his voice full of sadness. Then he jumped off the fire escape and ran off. 

I dropped to my knees and sobbed. He was gone. My best friend was gone.... And it was all my fault. Again.

Raph

The pain had shattered my life. I couldn't fight like I used to. I couldn't go out on patrol with the others. I went on my own patrol....to cry my eyes out. I sat on the edge on the roof and sobbed. Suddenly a hand touched my shoulder. I looked up. It was Night Hunter. "Hey...you ok?" She asked, crouching down next to me. 

I sighed, and tried to find my voice. "N-No.." She blew out a breath and leaned back against a vent. "Is it Skye again?" I nodded. I told her everything that had happened. Night Hunter sighed and looked down. "That's bad, Raph. Losing your bets friend is like losing a life. You can't live without it." 

I nodded and started crying again. Night Hunter sighed and held me to her. "Its ok, Raph." She whispered. "No...no it's not.." I whimpered. "She hates me..." Night Hunter comforted me. When I calmed down I realized how tired I was.

I put my head on her shoulder and she smiled. "Can you tell me your name?" I asked. She looked down at me. "What?" I chuckled. "Your real name." She chuckled. "Terra." She said with a smile. I grinned. "Terra...I like that name." 

She chuckled. "So can you take your mask off?" I asked teasingly. She laughed. "Not that far, Raphie." I chuckled.  "I was just kidding." She punched my arm lightly. "Well stop. Cause me to take this off and see what happens." We laughed. And I knew I had found a new friend. But Terra would never take the place of Skye... No one would.