Chapter 26: Don't Worry

A week had passed since we'd returned from Paris and I couldn't have been more ecstatic to finally be back home. I had a few days off so I spent my time lounging around the house while Dom was out doing some free lance shoots.

Speaking of Dom, I still hadn't talked to him about what I'd heard at the after party. He had no idea I even knew. I wanted to talk to him about it but, my problem was with Karina, not him. I decided to just keep my mouth shut about the whole thing until I felt it was necessary that I speak up.

I was flipping through channels trying to find a good show to watch when the doorbell rang. Sighing, I got up from the couch and put on my slippers and then went to answer the door.

I looked at the peephole but it was dark out so I couldn't really make out who it was. I tentatively undid the locks and opened the door.

"Surrrpriiiiise" A very happy Ashley sang, grinning at me with open arms.

"ASH!" I screamed, jumping on her and planting kisses all over her face. "I missed you soooo much"

"I missed your annoying ass too." She giggled. "Alright that's enough. Get down and let me in. Shit, it's cold out here."

I hopped down and stepped outside so she could come in.

"Where the hell have you been?!" I said, closing and locking the door.

I hadn't seen or talked to Ash since we left for Paris so it was a shock to have her just stop by the house out of the blue with no explanation.

"I decided to take a little mini vacation of my own." She grinned, plopping down on the couch. "But that's a story for another day. So, how was the trip?"

"Interesting." I said, sitting down beside her and kicking my feet up.

"Ooh bitch." She grinned devilishly. "I can tell by the look on your face that something went down. Tell me everything and don't leave a single detail out either."

"Alright." I rolled my eyes.

I started from the beginning and gave her a little background info about Karina and then I told her all about what went down on the trip. She sat and listened intently until I was finished. Then she went the fuck off.

"So you mean to tell me that this BITCH aborted Dom's baby, got pregnant by his best friend, and is now trying to win him back? And this bitch threatened you? She just signed her own death certificate." She said, shaking her head with her jaw clenched.

"Ash, chill." I laughed lightly in an attempt to ease the tension. "Dom doesn't want shit to do with her and he made it clear she'd regret ever trying to come between us so, I'm not worried."

"Well if you're not worried then I'm not worried but don't think for a second that I'm not going to look into this bitch." She folded her arms in defiance.

"Fine." I shrugged. "But don't get involved unless she poses an actual threat."

"I'll do my best." She sighed in annoyance. "Anyways, I stopped by to remind you about our Miami trip."

"Miami? But I just got back from Paris." I whined.

"I know." She rolled her eyes. "The trip is in two months, remember? That's plenty of time for you to mentally prepare yourself."

"Fine." I rolled my eyes.

We spent the rest of the night watching Black Dynamite and gossiping about our old friends from the block.

"What's going on in here?" Dom said, tossing his keys down on the coffee table.

"Hey baby." I grinned. "How was the shoot?"