I'll Miss You (1)

Everything was black. My head was pounding, so was my heart, but a lot faster. I tried sitting up and my vision slowly came back. I heard an odd growling noise from outside of the car. I quietly peeked out the window. There were two humans chewing on my father. My eyes grew wide. Tears uncontrollably fell from my eyes. One of the monsters must have heard my cries because it walked up to the car and banged its bloody hands on the window.

 There was flesh hanging from its teeth. I scrambled to the trunk of the car grabbing my dad's pistol and a few throwing knives. I threw a backpack over my shoulder and quietly slipped out the other side without it noticing me. It was about sunrise so I guess that's a better started than any. I walked down the same road for what seemed like days. It felt like it never ended. I didn't see many "things" as I was walking. Just mainly corpses lying all around. 

The smell was horrific. I've been walking through them for so long and I still can't get used to the smell. I walked about an hour longer and saw a mail box. "Greene." I thought to myself. That name sounded familiar. I shrugged and kept walking. I got onto a large highway and there were so many cars jumbled up on it. 

I heard a noise coming from the way I came. It sounded like a car, a couple of them. I started running. Faster and faster. My legs were burning. I turned around to see if I could see anything. I didn't pay attention to watch was in front of me and I ran smack dab into a van. My head was throbbing like crazy. The last thing I saw was a boy about my age screaming something to someone. Then everything went black.