Chapter 6- A True Friend

•Luke's pov•

I awake the next morning in my room and try and remember the events of yesterday, I remember Scarlet talking with me by the trees and her calling my mom for me and telling her to pick me up. I also remember getting home and watching 4 hours of tv with my mom trying to apologize the whole time for making me go. I must've fallen asleep after that because I can't remember anything else. I pick up my phone and notice I have a text from someone. I look at what it says, "hey Luke, it's Calum. I saw you yesterday at that therapy class and was hoping I could see you just to explain some things. How bout we meetup at Starbucks at 10?" I typed back "okay" and put my phone back on the table. I checked the time, 9:30. I threw on some clothes and did my hair and then went downstairs.
"Where are you off to? Are you gonna be with that Scarlet girl?" My mom asks surprised.
"No actually I'm going to see Calum" I say looking at the floor.
"Oh...well uh have fun I guess" my mom says confused.
I walk out the door and walk to Starbucks. Only took me 15 minutes to get there. I walked in and saw Calum sitting at a table with 2 chair.
"Hey mate, long time no see" Calum says trying to lighten the mood.
"Yeah" I say with a (fake) smile.
"So uh what I wanted to tell you was that I'm going to therapy for Elise, you're probably surprised at this because you know we had only hung out a couple times so I didn't really know her, right?" He asks me.
"Uh yeah" I say waiting for him to get to the point.
"Well actually after you introduced Elise and I we became great friends and hung out all the time, except when she was with you of course. You see, we never told you this because I thought you would get mad and I think I was stealing your girlfriend from you. So when she was killed in that car crash I was very emotionally destroyed because of how attached I was to her" he explains to me.
"Okay well then that explains why you were at therapy" I say. He nods.
We sit in an awkward silence for a few minutes.
"I should get going, thanks for telling me about you guys" I say getting ready to leave.
"No problem" he says taking a sip of his drink.
As I'm walking home I run into Scarlet.
"Hey Luke, didn't expect to see you out here" she says walking next to me.
"Oh yeah I was just meeting with an old friend" I tell her.
"Oh that's nice. So I was just on my back home and I was wondering if you wanted to come over?" She asks with pleading eyes.
"Um yeah I guess that would be okay. Let me just tell my mom I'll be at your place. I'm only staying for a little while" I say to her.
That was a big lie. I ended up staying at Scarlet's place for way longer than expected, it was already nighttime. Scarlet and I played several video games and she even showed me pictures of her old boyfriend, Marco. It was kinda funny how when she described to me his personality he sounded just like Elise. I couldn't get her out of my mind all day, I kept thinking how much she would ha e liked Scarlet. But then again, it was the therapy class where I met Scarlet and I would not have met her if Elise wasn't gone.
"Hey Scarlet, wanna see something?" I asked her.
"Uh sure?" She answered unaware of what she was going to see.
"Let's go on your roof" I tell her.
"Uh okay?" She says as she opens the window and we climb out.
"Some nights I come out here and I talk to Elise. Her star is the brightest one, I call her star "the wishing star". When I talk to her it makes me feel like everything is normal and she is still here and that I am happy. I don't feel alone when I talk to her" I tell Scarlet pointing at her star.
"Wow that's really something" she says in amazement. Scarlet and I are both looking at eachother now and I am realizing how beautiful she really is. She looks so perfect with her hair blowing in the wind and her eyes twinkling with the stars, then I snap out of it.
"I should get going" I tell her.
"Okay. I had fun today! Hopefully I'll see you sometime soon?" She asks.
"Yeah, definitely" I say with a smile. A real smile this time.
I leave Scarlet's house feeling happy for once. When I get home I crawl into bed wearing the same outfit I wore that day. I really should thank my mom for putting me in that class because now I have someone to actually call my friend. I fall asleep with a smile spread across my face.

Authors note: awwww yay Luke is finally feeling happy, I hope it lasts!!