Chapter 3. Confused

I ran like the wind not minding in which direction I flew. It was as dark as the night of an eclipse and as silent as a graveyard . I could hear the echo of my footsteps as I tapped the wet  ground of the empty mansion. I couldn't see who was chasing me but I knew they were right behind me and if I took any time to breathe and gain back lost oxygen I was gone. I raced through the hollow corridors constantly peaking behind me to see if I had lost the tracks. I needed to take a rest and gain my energy so I pitched into the next room I could find. I landed on a dirty small old darkly-lit room.

I tried to dilate my eyes with an attempt to understand what was in the room. The further I went into its darkness the more my hearts beating rhythm ceased. In that moment am not sure how many times my heart skipped a beat.  I exhaled when I finally reached a wall. I traced its way down to the cold bare floor on which I sat. I closed my eyes and held my stomach pushing my legs to fold reaching my hands like a new born baby trying to get all the warmth it can absorb. I took a long deep breath.

I was enjoying the peace and quiet when I heard the loud bang. Instantly the door flew open releasing the gentle breeze to swish at me. I was too terrified of what I saw to establish the freeze of my body. The figure was a lot blurry but I managed to make out a few details.The red glow in his eyes. The black deadly cloak. The fierce knife that he held in his left hand and the closefisted right arm that forcefully hit his thigh continuously. I saw the knife approaching me.I felt a sharp pain in my heart and let out a loud scream...

My eyes jumped open. I gasped and instantly sat upright in my bed taking a many breaths. I turned to my bedside table. Switched on the lamp light and checked the alarm clock. It was exactly 3:00 am or as some people call it. THE DEVILS HOUR|!

I was so scared that I run to Ash's bed and shook her to awaken. She removed her eye mask and turned to her left to 'face who the heck had the nerve to touch her at such a time of the night and show them her wrath.' I got that from her because those were the first words she said as she turned to me before I screamed. She had blood on her face. She jumped too at my scream  and joined in with me.

"Ash!" I composed myself.

"What!" We were both shouting like very scared little mice.

"Blood"

"Where?"

"Your face"

She used her hands and reached for her face touching it with her hands wiping it.

"Its paint you dumb-ass"

"Oh!"

"Yeah from yesterdays Paint off. You missed it. You slept too early and I tried to wake you but then you started saying these words I couldn't figure out. It all seemed like gibberish so I left you to sleep."

"Well thanks much!" I said with Irony.

"So why'd you come here?"

I re-thought and didn't tell her. She would think am some kind of freak. I just turned and walked back to my bed but I knew I wouldn't sleep again.

Besides I've been having this dream since I was sixteen, only that I never get to see the man's face. But he always uses different instruments to kill me. A chain-saw. A Hammer once. A certain kind off doll. A baseball bat. etcetra .etcetra . Though the sacred knife has persisted of all the items. And the pain it instills in me when it pierces through my flesh is the worst. The thing is I've never gotten used to it. Plus this dreams have never made sense that's why I can't tell anyone. Not even my DAD.I have this feeling that I have to figure them out by myself.

***

Today, I was in time for Orientation. The supervisors and staff showed us around the campus. The class section, the personal room areas (which I already knew) the no go areas and I also got to meet a couple of nice* girls. Jane- not very tall, cute but not so cute, plump, jumpy and chubby. Shane- medium height, thin, shy, quiet and real pretty . Prim- Tall, slim, very talkative, diva-is, you know the type.

For the boys. I saw the guy who drove me back to campus last night and he was literally stalking me. So I hid away from him mostly sticking with the girls. At some point, I had to go to the bathroom and when I came out all of them were gone. They must have continued the tour without me, so I took the route back to the Classroom section  which led me to bumping into Aidan in front of the Lecture Theater.Not sure why but I stopped and it was a little awkward as we stood there looking at ourselves. Him scanning my whole face structure and me his. I don't know what got into me and I asked, "Do I know you from somewhere?"

"Yes. Yesterday. Lunch" He says closing up the space between us.

I take a step back and answer " No. Save for Yesterday."

"No. I doubt. I would have remembered if I met a girl as sexy as you." I notice him taking his angelic almond blue eyes towards my lower body and I get a little shy.

I giggle a little, "Are you flirting with me?"

He moved closer to me and I kept doing the retreating scheme till I was locked with no more space to push back to thus my hands placed themselves besides me and I really tried not to be taken up by all this. We were in the open hallway against the wall just opposite the Lecture Theater first door. There was a tiny space in the distance from across me to him and my eyes were locked in his intermediate sexy gaze.

In his deep casual voice he whispered "Maybe... But I would like to have a taste of those juicy lips." as he traced my lower lip with his  large fat thumb. A lump of saliva slid down my throat. The thumb made circles around my left  cheek till a point where his hands cupped my face and brought it closer to his. I inhaled his deep minty fresh chocolaty hot bad boy scent. I was mesmerized to the point I couldn't move any part of my body and all I longed for was his touch.

"But.. Ash!" I managed to break his spell.

"What about her?" He whispered in his deep ear -catching voice.

"You... Her... Together"

"I want you and that's all that matters"

"But-"

"Shh"

With no further explanation, a warm pair of amazing-ness descended on my lips. At first I didn't respond but he bit on my lower lip forcing me to gasp. My lips parted, giving way for him to take to his advantage.He sucked hard on my lower lip before interchanging to the upper one, pushing his body closer to mine with no space in between. Something felt familiar but I didn't let it get to me. I might have been possessed due to the fact that I replied to his kiss and even moved my hands across his neck tightening the grab and longing for this to go further. He pulled my hands over my head forcing my breasts to stand at erect and my hard nipples to penetrate to his warm muscled chest.

He stopped and in the same stance asked if we could go somewhere private.

"No." I coldly replied and left just in time to miss his hands pull at me. My inner demon danced the tango at leaving him in despair. I felt bitchy and that was a different- good feeling even though I knew Aidan was probably a man-slut who had just needed a booty call.None the less, I headed to my room hoping that Ash wasn't in because I knew my good girl instincts would spill the truth out of me.

On my way I found the same guy that I was hiding from. He rudely stopped me demanding that he talked to me since it was very important news.

"My name is Peter. You may not remember this but we met before this." His voice today sounded a lot better. Like a grown up macho man compared to his squeaky girl voice of yesterday. He was then completely tolerable.

"Yeah we met yesterday but your voice sounds different." I smile at him.

"That's because... Never mind first hold up." He said and tore a page out of the book he held and wrote down a note using his black pen from his T-shirt pocket. He handed it to me.

"To whom?" I asked receiving it

"You." He whispered

I looked down at the note and opened it. It was blank save for the word in big bold letters which read "PRAETERLUO"

A Latin word to mean RUN...