05

-Aly's POV-

I wake up and take a shower. I step out of the shower and puts on a robe. I see a black shirt with 'D2' on the sleeves and black pants sitting on my bed. I change into them and meet up with Enobaria and Brutus for breakfast. I walk into the dining room. I grab a plate and put some bacon and eggs on my plate. I sit down and Cato sits next to me. I eat my food.

"Morning Aly." Cato greets me.

I smile, "Morning Cato."

Brutus and Enobaria sit down. Brutus says, "Me and Enobaria talked about how we want you to play it at the training session."

Enobaria says, "We want you to show your skills and intimidate the other tributes."

Brutus says to Cato, "I heard you're good with a sword."

Cato says, "Yeah I'm pretty good."

I roll my eyes at that because I know that he is better than 'pretty good'.

Enobaria looks at me, "I hear you never miss when you throw a knife."

"Yeah I never miss." I tell her truthfully.

I finish and brushes my lap off. I start walking to the elevator. I hear footsteps behind me. I look over my shoulder and see Cato.

Cato catches up to me, "So are you gonna show your awesome knife skills?"

"For sure." I tell him. "How about you with your sword?"

He grins, "Yep!"

We walk to the elevator and press the down button. The doors open and we walk in. I press the TC button. The elevator stops and the doors open. We walk out and walk to the Training Center.

*At The Training Center*

Atala, the head trainer, gathers us in a circle and explains the rules. "No fighting with other tributes," she says, "You'll have plenty of time for that in the arena." She starts to point out various training stations. "My advice is DON'T INGORE the survival skills. Twenty-three of you will die. One will not. Who that is depends on your ability to anticipate. Everyone wants to grab a sword but lots of you will die of natural causes." Cato smirks as she says sword. She continues, "Ten percent from infection. Twenty percent from dehydration. One year the arena was a frozen tundra. Five years ago it was a burning desert. Exposure can kill you easily as a knife." I smirk as she says knife. Atala blows her whistle and training begins.

I glance around at the other tributes. Glimmer and Marvel are smirking. I see that Cato is smirking at the girl from 12. Brunette, the girl from 12, notices that and shifts her weight uncomfortably. I don't know why but I am getting mad at that. I have my hands clenched in fists by my sides. The Careers, including me, we head for our weapons that we will be using in the arena. I go for the throwing knives and bow and arrows, Cato goes for the swords and machetes, Marvel goes for the spears and swords, Glimmer goes for the bow and arrows.

I walk straight towards to knives. I grab a knife and gets prepared. A target pops up from the ground and I throws the knife at the life-sized human shape. It lands straight on it's bullseye. I grin and grab another knife and throws it at the next target. As usual, it lands straight in it's bullseye. I see Cato at the sword station. I watch as he cuts of the arms off and stabs the heart of the target. I walk over to the plant I.d. station. I identify the berries that are poisonous and the ones that aren't. I smirk to myself because I got all of them correct.

Cato goes to the station called 'the gauntlet'. It has many platforms of different heights and trainers are swinging bats at you, which you have to dodge. I walk as Cato swiftly dodges every bat and jumps to each platform. Cato stands next to me, Marvel on the other side of him and Glimmer standing next to Marvel. We watch as Amber, girl from 3, falls off a gauntlet because she got hit by a bat. Glimmer and Marvel laughs while Cato and me are smirking at her.

*After Training*

Cato and I are waiting in the the elevator to get back to our rooms. The elevator dings and the doors open to the 2nd floor. I walk to my room and changes out of my training clothes. I grab a light blue tank and black shorts. I change out of them and put my training clothes on the bed. I walk around and I find myself walking towards the elevator doors. I walk into the elevator and I hear grunts coming from someone from the hall. I step out of the elevator to see......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

done. late update. sorry. i'll make it up to you guys.

-Gabby