02

Quick Recap:

I turn over and asks, "Hey Cato, whatcha thinking about?"

He mumbles something inaudible. I ask him to repeat it louder.

He takes a deep breathe and says, "The Reaping is tomorrow."

----
-Aly's POV-

"Are you thinking about volunteering?" I ask Cato.

"Maybe. If it was a my younger brother, then for sure." Cato says.

"Stacia is freaking out over the Reaping." I tell him.

"STACIA!" I call out to my little sister.

Stacia walks thought my door and sits next to me.

"Stace, tomorrow is the the Reaping." I tell her softly.

"Yeah I know." She nod slowly, "Aly?"

I ask, "Yes Stacia?"

"I'm scared." Stacia starts crying.

I sigh and put my arms out to hug her. She walks into my arms and hugs me tightly. I look at Cato and nods towards the door.

"Cato I'll see you tomorrow at the Reaping." I whisper to him.

*The Next Day*

I wake up to my 13 year old sister, Stacia, telling me to wake up.

I groan, "What do you want Stacia?"

She answers, "Mom told me to tell you to get ready for the Reaping."

I nod at my younger sister and climbs out of bed. I find a cream colored skirt and a light blue flowy blouse. I set them down on my bed and jumps into the shower. I wash my hair and body. I grab a towel and wrap it around my body. I put my clothes on and style my hair in a french braid. I slip on my cream wedges. I step out of my room to see Stacia dressed in a light pink dress with white ballet flats.

I walk over to her, "Stacia, you look beautiful."

Stacia smiles, "Not as pretty as you."

I tell her, "Why thank you princess."

I hand her my gold bracelet, "Here I want you to have this."

Stacia questions me, "Why?"

I tell her, "Because it will keep you safe if anything happens today." Stacia smiles, "Thank you Aly."

I nod, "No problem, princess."

Our mom walks over to us and says, "Aly, Stacia it's time to go."

We walk start walking to the the district building. I walk in line for check in and they prick my finger. I walk over to the 16 year old girls section and stands. I watch as Priscilla walks out on stage and welcomes everyone with her silly Capitol accent. I look down the line and see Cato mouthing 'Terrible. Terrible war.' I smile at him and look back at the screen that is playing the 'special video' from the Capitol.

Priscilla says, "Now time to pick one courageous young man and woman to represent District 2. As usual, Ladies first." Priscilla walks over to the bowl with all the girls names ranging from age 12-18. She sticks her hand in the bowl and picks a name out.

She walks back over to the microphone and reads of the paper, "Stacia Stonebridge." Stacia walks out of line and trying not to cry. I look ever at Cato and nods at him in saying 'I'm volunteering'.

I scream out, "I volunteer. I volunteer as tribute!"

I walk out of line and tells Stacia, "Go! Go find Grey or mom."

Stacia cries out, "No. Noo Aly." Grey walks over and grabs a crying Stacia. I walk up the stairs to the stage.

Priscilla says, "What's your name darling?"

I say, "Aly Stonebridge."

Priscilla says, "Was that your sister?"

I nod in reply.

Priscilla says, "Now for the boy tribute." Priscilla walks over to the bowl that has multiple names in it. She picks out a name and walks back over to the microphone.

She reads out the name, "Cato Larek." Cato walks out of line and walks up to the stage. He stands on stage.

Priscilla says, "Shake hands." Cato and I shake hands.

- - - -

Chapter 2 is finished.

love you all.

comment

vote

fan

& all that jazz.

[ not edited ]

-Gabby