Chapter 13- Water Under The Bridge

I understand that much like this following chapter, me not updating for years isn't going to be just "water under the bridge", I understand that I've lost a lot of people in this process and I don't blame anyone for that. I understand that I've said this a lot but after some serious talks with one of the most important people in my life, I realized that if I honestly want to make writing a reality, I gotta act like it and that means finishing what I started. I'm gonna finish this darn trilogy, I'm going to be consistent. This is going to be finished, and I can only hope that I can keep you guys along the way. I appreciate all of the love that I have been given along the way, and for you guys... I'm gonna finish what I started. Thank you!

Chapter 13- Water Under The Bridge

Splish. Splash.

Splish. Splash.

I watch as the darkened skies refuse to get lighter and the invitation of hailing water grows stronger. I'm almost intrigued at its crazy intensity. That was before I realized that something about it was unnatural. I squint through the window, noticing the blob of a figure loitering around the wooden lunch tables. He puts his head down, the faded hood covering his face.

With a single thought, I shake the table, knowing that it could only be one person. Kyle.

He lifts up his head with an angered confusion, not having a clue about what's going on. He looks side to side before he notices me behind the yellow lit window. He squints, not knowing why I'm bothering him. I twirl my finger up at the sky. It was supposed to drizzle today, not pour. He shrugs, acting as if he has no idea about what I'm talking about but I know him.

For Pete's sake Kyle, knock it off.

Cmon Kloe, you should know better than anybody that plants need water to grow. I can hardly see him and I know he's smirking. I shake my head. I violently shake the table he's sitting at and he falls off of the bench. I fail to stifle my laughter and the happy cheers escape.

"Miss Kloe?" pulls my attention away from the window and onto the familiar voice that's currently standing over me. It's Mrs. Pennington.

"Hey Mrs. P!" I exclaim, mostly because I'm caught off guard and highly aware that everyone in the classroom has their amused eyes on me.

She unhappily smiles at my behavior, "Care to share? I sure could use a laugh right about now and I'm sure your class could use an intermission. So why don't you share with us?"

I'm surprised at her reply and find myself stuttering.

Her unamused smile drops almost as fast as it was created. "That's what I thought. The next time you want to giggle at your little boyfriend, I suggest you do it outside of my class." With that, she swings around to the front of the class and goes back to whatever she was talking about, leaving me with widened eyes and a humorous smile.

I quickly glance out the window to see a hysterical Kyle rolling around on the ground like a dog.

I shake my head, smiling to myself at how embarrassing that just was. I hate you, like alot.

He wipes away the joyful tears after getting up on his feet, you just made my day.

I'm glad, being called out in front of the whole entire class just made your whole entire day. I shake my head with a twinge of annoyance. Now would you please quit the freaky rain.

He laughs as he looks at the clouds, your wish is my command, princess. I roll my eyes at his nickname but enjoy the sprinkler system emitting from the sky rather than the ridiculously heavy raindrops.