Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Twilight actor Taylor Lautner slouched further into his seat as the Teen Choice Awards began, his mind far from the hosts, bright lights, and screaming girls. No, his mind was instead on the beautiful blonde who was surely backstage. The heartless and cruel girl who had ripped out his heart out years ago. The girl who had made millions off of "love" with her songs. The girl Taylor had never stopped loving since the day he met her. With an apology song that had brought him to tears but had also hardened his broken and fragile heart, she had completely reduced their breakup to a gimmick for a good song. The girl who happened to be presenting an award he was nominated for tonight.

Taylor Alison Swift.

For the first time, he sincerely hoped he wouldn't win.

**********************
She was nervous. Check that, she was beyond nervous, more like panicked. Not only was she nominated for quite a few awards, she also was presenting one and performing! Not that she hadn't done any of this before; she had done so many times, but this was different. She was presenting Choice Male Hottie, and two of her ex-boyfriends were nominees. Maybe this wouldn't have been such a big deal, but Taylor Swift was not one to really keep contact with her exes. None of her former flames really liked being the subject of songs that bordered on smearing. She had been on the receiving end of quite a bit of Internet hate from the massive fanbase of her most recent boyfriend, one Harry Styles. His boy band One Direction was one of the most popular bands in the world at the moment and their relationship had not been welcomed by the overprotective female fans.  Harry was sweet at first but he was a kid. He was still a kid in fact. Unfortunately, he wasn't the only ex of hers that was at this event. Actor Taylor Lautner was also there, looking much better than the last time Taylor had seen him. Just the mention of his name brought back so many sweet memories. Taylor had been, in all probability, the best boyfriend she'd ever had. She still held onto those memories with a tight grip.  To be honest, sometimes she wished things hadn't ended the way they did. She had expressed her feelings of guilt in the song "Back To December" and she had prayed that Taylor had listened to the heartfelt apology song. Taylor was shaken out of the reminiscing by a pat on the shoulder."You're on in five, Taylor!" Brad, the sound guy, told her. She quickly shook off remaining thoughts of her handsome ex as she prepared to perform.

Authors note: I'm not hating on One Direction or Directioners, just stating the facts. Please review!